• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noj's 5ive, going Rally, staying BL in 2016.

Noj

The MMXL2 takes 8s max, which is getting into flame territory...so I will stick with my trusty 7s combo, 8000MaH Zippy pairing, as they're a reasonable price and do me fine in all the largescale thus far

I've contacted Neil at RW re getting some bigger pinions made, as the 18T is just undergeared, so getting a 19t and a 20t...

In essence, this can take a much bigger set up - the motor can safely run 10s, but that means an MGM esc, and I think I've made my current feelings about those known of late :whistling:

However, more testing to do, as she has had almost 2 full pairs of packs through her lol, which is a crying shame; the meds aren't working too well at the mo however but that'll pass....

Right, ciggie time than I'll hope PB is working and upload the build images, this about time.... then, A.J., you won't be able to help yourself, really!

Jon,

Nice build, you've made it all sound soooo simple! Shame it's such a drama to fit the cells, but hey ho, worth the extra effort, I'm sure.

How are you finding 4wd over 2wd? A fair bit easier I'd reckon?

Looking forward to our first 1/5 leccy meet, whenever that happens!

Admiral, WLB, southern fleet, message complete.

Thanks for the comments chaps :thumbsup:

Compared to converting a badger this is really easy and about a 4 hour job in total, I just messed about as per! I also like having the flat tray of the chassis to rest things on as I'm building, makes life a lot easier and there are less dropped nuts on the carpet :yes:

I'm getting the time down on fitting the cage/shell back on after installing the lipos, not that there is any power going to the esc whilst doing this, unlike the 5SC which currently takes 90 seconds (the beeps on the esc tell me this is so!). Bigger hands would be an issue with the Losi as access through the rear of the cage is tight

4wd drives so much differently Clive, very stable thus far, haven't rolled it yet and it looks awesome floating up and down on the suspension - I had people stop their cars and watch on test day :thumbsup:

Pro Carbon racing do full everything panel and body wise for the Losi (not to mention the badger), if you have the money..... I intend to get an Uber wrap done but have been slack in getting images to Mrp. Also waiting on body trim stuff from DDM which will prevent cracks forming.....

Oh, there are also fullforce skid plates front and rear fitted, but as Jony has pictured those on his build, figured I wouldn't.

If it stays dry, more fun out this avo methinks, once I've rebuilt the badger, again!!

• 1 month later...

Any updates m8 ? Your thread made me want one lol so i did aha but not leccy the smelly oily stuff is my sort of thing aha !

It's running and keeping the owner very happy. But leccy does that!

Go large leccy or go home!

Leccy FTW!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chaps,

the losi hasn't moved for weeks now, new job coupled with bad weather has prevented bashing, and, I've kinda lost our favourite spot on the park...

Was bashing the 5B about a month ago, park ranger pulls up just as my packs went flat, he asked if I'd run out of petrol (lol), said no, not a noisy smelly beast, but a stealth vehicle....park ranger looked bemused, and realised I couldn't be banned for making noise....so I was asked to leave (very politely) for (ahem) 'breaking the permitted speed limit for a vehicle in the park', which is 15mph....

Essentially, the lad didn't have an issue, however, his boss (who lives over the road from Roundhay) was clearly miffed as I had (unkowingly) just raced him (he on road, me on park) and as per, kicked ass.....ergo he could clearly tell I was doing a good 40mph or so....

OOPS! :xd: :xd: :xd:

The large missing divots were never mentioned......

you running full 14s yet Jony?

I'm happy enough with 7s, just want longer runtimes c/f the badgers.....but that means more batteries ergo more weight so on 7s, a hiding to nowt methinks...

also, am looking at fabricating a cover for the spur/pinion as currently it just chews up grass which can't be good in the long-term??

Yep 14s was just average will look at the settings again

To tell you truth I am going to sell the motor and buy a 2028

On a 425 kv, can't you up the gearing a bit? 14s should be monumental!