• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noj's 5ive, going Rally, staying BL in 2016.

Noj

Crikey o'Reilly noj, have you won the euro lottery or something. At a guess, what do you think youve spent so far on this and the badger if you don't mind me asking. Love your latest choice tho fella. Very jealous indeed.

I wish mate, I wish

Don't mind you asking, if you don't mind my not telling :tease: ....the Losi, inc motor and esc is less than 2K though.... no point being the richest man in the graveyard :thumbsup:

I have done in a short time, what other owners may do over a longer period is all, no SHOWBOATING, just a passion for a hobby which I enjoy and which brings me pleasure. Add in a level of OCD and there you have it. :yes:

I am VERY fortunate to be in the position to do it, make no mistake, but I give back in more than equal amounts. No more now, wedding to pay for in 2014 AND we need to move.........because of the 3 largescale vehicles I've bought this year :xd: :xd: :xd:

• Like 1

Bad boy no Fullforce servo clamps!

:doh:

Am sure there are other odds and sods too Jony! Like your build, I'm not rushing - not as if i haven't got other toys to play with

depends how quickly i break the stock ones mate! I do test to destruction lol

Edited by Noj

don't tempt me Nitro!!!! lol

link to the servo clamps would be handy tho, didn't spot them at freeprawn, or maybe I did and overlooked them....

have you heard anything of this supposed stock wheel/hub issue?

Thanks Jony

Just realised losi wheel nuts are 25mm, not 24mm like the badger, bother..... well, will live with that for now and buy a 25mm socket rather than a set of DS wheel nuts!

stupid bloody size if you ask me! 24mm is big enough and fit for purpose IMO!!! Septics you see, just have to be that bit larger than the rest of the world....

My guess is you can bet 25mm maps near enough to an imperial socket just for the 'septics' so they can use their socket sets?

That could well be it Harvey. Dashed inconsiderate if you ask me :nono: New socket it will be, seeing as how I've bought plugs for the ends, enclosed nuts aren't a priority for now....

esc and cap packs wired up by MS this very morning - pleasant surprise to discover they keep a stock of 8mm bullets in just for me! handy, as being a doofus, I forgot to take a male connector with me, so that's one I owe them back upon my next return! God bless MS, they are simply awesome :thumbsup:

Away for the weekend at the bashfest, so currently fettling the badgers for their inaugural weekend away! I'll start on the build next week, and am hoping that the conversion kit gets here as soon as, cos that's all I need now to get her running!!!

No building started yet, which is a crime really, as she sits gathering dust and cat hair in the dining room; anyhoo, the weekend's bashfest provided the following pieces of kit for when I do get the spanners out:

Pro carbon racing cage guards, which as well as being carbon fibre and beautiful, are bigger than the ones supplied in the bartolone kit; add to this the fact that the guys from pro carbon are thoroughly nice and are just about to hit the market with their range of products (for Losi 5ives and badgers), I got a good deal :thumbsup:

DSCN1501.jpg

DSCN1500.jpg

The bashfest also provided these (again, a good price, thanks TangoRich!!)

DSCN1503.jpg

Only 2 sets left at MMR then they're all gone. The postie delivered these:

DSCN1502.jpg

e.mail confirms conversion kit is on route, had MS redo some wiring on the esc yesterday (no sparks) so I'm about ready to start.... :thumbsup:

Don't you go quoting the names of poor records by Tony Blackburn at me, Nitro :tease:

I am being extremely patient aren't I...... or is it fear of the MM flaming on the first run :xd: :xd: Could happen.....what gearing are you using mate? Lowest pinion I have is 14T so that will go on first, then i have 15, 16 and 18 to go at..... tho weekend discussion suggested that a 13T may be the way forward, on my lowly 7S running anyways!

Mod 1's ??

May make the change in time, 1.5s are used on the badgers so I always have a need for them..... Whatever, it'll still be faster than a petrol....the beast was at the weekend so this will fly! maybe.... :xd: :xd:

Reckon you'll be up for the Kendal bash mid September :thumbsup: or NYB event at the end of September??