• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I got a big boy coming!

djr2096

Hey all, I'm new to this part of the MSUK forum. I'm always found in nitro & electric.

Got myself a Baja 5B coming and I was wondering if there was any built tips you guys could offer me.

I hear there are bushings in the kit that should be replaced with bearings, also an engine/mesh mod?

So looking forward to the build!!

Will do :thumbsup:

I'm not giving up on nitro or leccy. not by a long way. In the near future I'm after a 1/10 2WD buggy!!

Anybody got a link to this engine mesh mod? I did read it a year or so ago but can't find it to save my life.

what a hot & bussy day I've had. New motor for my D8E turned up. So I fitted that.

Not long after I finnished doing that there was another nock at the door.

It was my BAJA :hahadance: .

ModelSport did a great job at getting it to me. Ordered it in the afternoon & got the next afternoon :thumbsup: How cool is that.

My mother was round when it came. Now bare in mind she seen me unbox 1/10 buggies in my teens & 1/8 buggies of late.

But she was a little bit bug eyed when I started to unbox this monster!

For about an hour & a half she had a look of awe on her face. I was just grining from ear to ear :sweatdrop:

Well on with the build tomorrow. Sofar I've just got up to fitting the fuel tank & radio tray!!

Edited by djr2096
  • Like 1

+1 for the kill switch dont run it before uve fitted it, other wise youll be seeing a grown man cry ( if you take a mirror with you ) :P

Ok what's the deal with stock & tuned exhaust?

Stock quieter, tuned more power for a guess?

Ok what's the deal with stock & tuned exhaust?

Stock quieter, tuned more power for a guess?

Pretty much spot on there. You can also get different pipes that offer better low end performance or others which are tuned for top speed. As you would expect from 1:1 scale exhausts.

Here's a pic of the Baja build from Saturday somtime. I had put her all togeather buy Saturday night :thumbsup:

bajawdu.jpg

Today I did all the paint & bodywork!!

She looks great, but I'm waiting for my Proline undertray before I put pics of her paint job on here!

As so many of you have said "get a killswitch", what do you all recomend?

Edited by djr2096

Many of us run with these Battle switches (10Amp relay) that you can use and just add a length of speaker wire to the stopswitch http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/battleswitch

Or then there is the more popular choice and pre made killerbee switch that comes as a complete set http://www.killerrc.com/

Looking at the pics of your shed, I would bet that you would not have a problem wiring up your own relay, but that said they killerbee is a decent bit of kit and smaller too.

Both are well tested here on the forum, and you would not be making a bad choice with either of them.