• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

wigan 3 sister bash discussion thread.

Right this is the place to talk anything 3 sisters, we'll keep the other thread soley for dates/times and confirmation of who's coming etc :thumbsup:

Sunday was a cracking days bashing, dave bashed his seat, alpha's car thinks its a submarine and the technicians new short course truck looked and performed great,

roll on next weekend :030:

Hi All

Been a while since I was at 3 sisters, Captin Pugwash used to be there ? Hope he is still around ?

I used to run a Lightning 2 buggy, I think there are still some vids on YouTube still.

I hopefully will be running my Dads old MTA4 truck, just need to refit the electric pack to it as I have fitted a new steering servo and a few extra bits and bobs.

Do you still meet up at the old 3 sisters track ?

Edited by FireStorm-X

Well weather for Sunday is looking good so far. Car snapped a clutch spring this avo but Should have it fitted by the wkend so all well and good and will be there!!

That is as long as something else doesn't go on the car....

• Like 1

Wow!!! That had to be biggest turn out yet :-) loads of rc flying about it was madness haha. The gopro took a few hits too :-/ and u even tried to break tha Baja but it wasn't having any of it :-0 so apart from the turnbuckle and rose Joint I took off mine to give Matty everything still working perfect :-) first time ever :-0

Btw nice to meet the people I never seen before :-)

Edited by hebby
  • Like 3

It was a great bash today and I managed to stay damage free (thanks for that bottom pin Dave I'm gonna get some nuts and bolts and I will pass it back it kept me going) nice to see such a big crowd I have got enough three sisters dust up my nose to build a ramp though. :D

• Like 1

Yep awesome turn out and a fantastic bash :)

Thanks to everyone who came !!!

I broke the motor mount on my xray and snapped a screw in my savvys steering assembly but bodged the savvy and it held up well,

Sorry slugsie for writing off your hyper,

It was great to see a fee more new faces and the regulars :) with a bit of luck we'll get a nice run of weather and be able to get out every weekend.

Thanks again folks :)

First time I had the mini savvy running 2 ful lipo's :-)

But it's just too small for 3 sisters so unfortunately it's gonna have to go and I'll put the money towards a exo terra buggy :-) once I ge back from Egypt that is lol

• Like 1

Did anyone get footage of Nosense's near miss of having his taken off by that rc haha Sumat went wrong with the gopro and wouldn't record after a while for some reason :-/ so think I missed it

Think it might have had something to do with it getting hit so hard people thought it fell out of the tree when it was sat on the floor lol

Just been going over the footage...........

Did nobody miss that puddle? seems that everyone had a dip hahaha

Funny to see nosense and outlaw running for the short course when it went upside down in the puddle lmao!

and got footage of the one that skimmed across the top after the jump and landed on its side :xd:

any vids from 2 day?

i got a good few but be tomorrow now before i get to edit any :sly:

"Alfabay", Inferno,pretty much knackered.Closer look at home,most of the front end is either snapped,twisted or cracked,i won't bore you with the list,it's pretty extensive.Well Gent's the puddle couldn't kill it but Dave's buggy did,a lesson from this is build ya Buggy like Dave's yes.gif Out of action for a while i think?

Sorry about that fella, but mine was not undamaged after all :( the front diff box where in connects to the shock tower had sheered off, probably cracked when I hit yours and after a few jumps gave way, nosense noticed it, thought the shock tower was just bent.......

enjoyed it non the less, bit hectic at times, but still did not even get to use my 5S.

oh well, new parts ordered ready for next time :)

and still have all my wheels n tyres !

Had a cracking time today. Cheers guys, what a turn out.

Wish I'd got there sooner but made the most of it after you all left. Got the car running sweet until it back flipped into that dreaded

puddle.... Air filter was soaking so called it a day

Car looks great now!!

Stripped the colossuss down thinking the centre dif was dead only to discover it was fine and it was only the wheel axle pin :) I could have fixed it on site after all, oh well. At least I've got away with a cost free bash this time :D

Edited by attention8shell

I'll bring a shovel next time and we can fill that darn hole in. Maybe sculpt some more jumps too. :)