• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Not much choice what 1/5 scale

scooby1doo1

the losi 5t is the best out off the box

seen a couple of people racing them and the have the samba tuned pipe it give all round power

the 4wheel drive give it that extra grip so it grabs and pushes the best along faster

also the are massive and look so easy to work on

there is a couple of thread on hear that will help roverman has a good one and supercharged has one as well

dan

• Like 1

Your welcome mate.

You wont go wrong with ordering stuff from Freeprawn, the prices are good, he has a large amount of stock and his delivery is unbelievably fast! I ordered my servo and a few other bits at 4.30 one day and the package arrived the next day!!!

Supersavage35 is spot on with his pointers, outerwears on both pull start and air filter are a must, as is a kill switch. The Team Chase steering is a really nice mod, and Freeprawn have just received stock this morning so have just ordered mine! I also replaced the stock air filter with a DT1, as some people have had issues with the standard filter casing coming apart mid run causing dust to enter the engine! The DT1 also has a larger surface area allowing more air into the engine. I have put a Savox 0235 servo onto the steering and moved the standard steering servo to the brake / throttle, so both servo's are now digital and lipo ready, so I can add a 7.4v lipo receive pack for more run time and stronger servos. I have changed the fuel lines to the fullforce RC high flow ones and have added a Turtle Racing bump stop to protect the spur gear and I am just waiting for the Red rear shock springs to arrive as the standard Blue ones are a bit too soft. Finally I went for the T Bone Racing chassis protectors front and rear. These are a lot cheaper than the FFRC ones, and their stuff is very strong.

• Like 1

Wow i dint know you could spend and do so much to these trucks.

I'm going to hold off spending any money on it in till it needs it, i will buy the pre filters though.

But first I need to buy one, and this may be a week or 2 yet.

This thing is going to cos me as much to run as my X5.

Sent from the Iphone via talktapa

Haha, You don't need to spend a lot, but once you start it is hard to stop, you will see!!

As I said before, get the truck, get the outerwears and kill switch and run it like that until you want more!! You will love it!

• Like 1

Been reading on the losi 5ive forum and people on there go on about different oils in the diffs, saving it needs to be heavier in the centre diff as this cause the servos to fade.

It's still on going as to what to use, and many people state many things as expected.

Apart from checking screws and fitting a kill switch is there any does and not to does, before the first run.

I'd like to no as much as can before I shell out my not so hard earned.

Cheers

hear is a couple of links so help you out

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/143397-my-losi-5ive-refreshed/

rovermans losi thread = pure race machine

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/134495-rms-losi-5ive-thread/

supercharged losi thread = i think its a basher

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/142692-superchargeds-losi-5t/

jayce losi thread

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/135434-my-losi-5ive/

hope this helps

dan

Wow i dint know you could spend and do so much to these trucks.

I'm going to hold off spending any money on it in till it needs it, i will buy the pre filters though.

I like this statement

But sorry you are sadly mistaken if you think you will only need to spend a few pounds on it since you just shelled out a small fortune

The servos in the 5ive are trash

Throw away the receiver and telemetry unless you are a spektrum junkie :whistling:

The stock bearings are trash as is the stock clutch housing

Then you need to start the mods

check the diffs for leaks and missing gaskets

check the shocks for burrs on the piston,s and non locktited screws

check for missing screws

need the mesh mod, and the T/B servo mod

replace the motor as needs at least a 29.9cc

I love the Losi 5ive but it is not a RTR as Losi think

best 1/5 th out there but way overpriced

Just my opinion though! as an owner of the 5ive and 2 Baja,s

I do like to upgrade but the above are a requirement not a luxury

• Like 1

I like this statement

But sorry you are sadly mistaken if you think you will only need to spend a few pounds on it since you just shelled out a small fortune

The servos in the 5ive are trash

Throw away the receiver and telemetry unless you are a spektrum junkie :whistling:

The stock bearings are trash as is the stock clutch housing

Then you need to start the mods

check the diffs for leaks and missing gaskets

check the shocks for burrs on the piston,s and non locktited screws

check for missing screws

need the mesh mod, and the T/B servo mod

replace the motor as needs at least a 29.9cc

I love the Losi 5ive but it is not a RTR as Losi think

best 1/5 th out there but way overpriced

Just my opinion though! as an owner of the 5ive and 2 Baja,s

I do like to upgrade but the above are a requirement not a luxury

Cheers for this comment

Now this is why I don't just buy and do research, it was 3 weeks before I bought my first heli.

But your post must be

That said the stock motor does push the truck along fine so you will be happy with the stock motor for a while!

I think that whatever model you decide to get you will break it, fix it & upgrade it once you get bored.

Just do some research then buy the one that takes your fancy!

Yes but as said I don't mind braking it and fixing it, but I don't want it to brake due to crap parts been fitted from out the box. IE spekis in this model seem to be hit and miss, again servos seem to be hit and miss.

Apart from the eleccy bits the 5ive is probably the toughest 5th scale out at the moment I have had mine for about 6-7 months and havent broken a thing yet. I am not a hard basher as I race mine but I have had some very big moments. Here is a vid of some one giving a good beating to one

Apart from the eleccy bits the 5ive is probably the toughest 5th scale out at the moment I have had mine for about 6-7 months and havent broken a thing yet. I am not a hard basher as I race mine but I have had some very big moments. Here is a vid of some one giving a good beating to one

I any seen that vid before, it can take a good bashing. Lands on its back and don't brake nothing.

Yes but as said I don't mind braking it and fixing it, but I don't want it to brake due to crap parts been fitted from out the box. IE spekis in this model seem to be hit and miss, again servos seem to be hit and miss.

I bought my baja 5b 23cc second hand & I bash it pretty hard!

I have'nt broken much stuff really apart from a couple of chassis, but I have upgraded it quite a lot in the year or so i've owned it.

Mostly to make it stronger & faster, 23cc is def not enough, I'm at 29cc now.

Apart from the eleccy bits the 5ive is probably the toughest 5th scale out at the moment I have had mine for about 6-7 months and havent broken a thing yet. I am not a hard basher as I race mine but I have had some very big moments. Here is a vid of some one giving a good beating to one [media=]

It wouldn't be on it's roof so much if the guy could drive it!

So who's got a 28.5-29-30.5 cc did you do the head or complete new engine, this info is for later down the line as when upgrading to more power.

Losi 5ive's only please, can you tell me why you chose to do head or complete engine and what's was the cost.

Cheers