• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Why so many Hyper 7s, not so many Hyper 8, etc?

i-CONICA

I got a Hyper 7 and suddenly realised how popular it is, there's loads of em! But why is it always Hyper 7, there seems to be very few 7.5, 8, 8.5 etc... Also, the Hyper 7 is still being made, so why hasn't the 8.5 etc replaced it?

Are they better?

hyper 8's were designed as a race buggy... but they were never very good... and no where near as strong as a hyper 7 or affordable for bashing...

there are 7.5's around, and better than the usual 7's, but more expensive...

People new to the hobby tend to look for a car around the

• Like 1

why so many hyper full stop!! lol The forum is just clogged up with hypers nowadays! Back in the good ol days..... lol

Not a bad thing thou

they are a great piece of kit for beginners on a budget but if you can push the boat out a bit more then there are other options. some of em you dont even need to spend as much as a hyper 7. take the rex for example. myself and everybody i know who has had a go of a good 1 have all said its incredibly under rated. theres only 1 downside to them that i could find which is the way the rear shock tower mounts to the diff case but that can be solved with a piece of steel and a drill

Why so many hyper 7 because some Chavs like to buy rtr nitro cars to look good then stuff them up and sell them cheep to you guys on eBay basically the hyper is like the dumb kid that run leaning forward at school everyone knows him but nobody with any brains wanted to sit with him

• Like 1

Why so many hyper 7 because some Chavs like to buy rtr nitro cars to look good then stuff them up and sell them cheep to you guys on eBay basically the hyper is like the dumb kid that run leaning forward at school everyone knows him but nobody with any brains wanted to sit with him

thats not strictly true. some people just want something cheap and durable with a good parts supply
  • Like 1

Hatzy all cars have their faults it's just hyper owners don't mention them when recommending them to the next lemming that asks which buggy do I buy the next time I see that question asked I'm going to bombard them with all the bad threads about what's wrong with hypers people slate the ansmann virus but it's basically the same as a hyper infact near straight copy

SUMS ME UP TBH XD

the only people ive seen slaggin off the rex either dont own 1 nor have ever used 1 or even seen 1 in the flesh. yeah they have their weakpoints just like any other car out there does, they cant be 100% perfect or everybody would go out of business, including themselfs so yeah theres gonna be weakpoints in anything. although the virus is almost a direct clone of the hyper, the hyper is made from superior materials

I will say that they have there bad points as all the threads have shown this. Why is there so many threads about things that have went wrong with them? Because loads of people have got them. Why have so many people got them? Because they are cheap yet strong. You can list loads of other Rcs that are just as good or just as strong as the hyper but since loads of people have got them what do you expect? "don't get a hyper they suck" of course not they are going to big them up because they have them. Another point is that if so many people have them then imagine the wealth of knowledge that is out there about them. If the hong nor x1x was still being produced and parts were easy to get then I would of went for that. They are amazing bits of kit. If you are new to the hobby then

Because this is mainly a bashing forum and there strong, cheap and easy to convert to electric if wanted, simples.

As Bazzokajoe said the Hyper 8 isn't as strong as the hyper 7 and is no where near as good as say a Losi 8 around a track.

there are about 15 hyper 7 owners who i go bashing with, great car on the plus side theres a local guys sells spares dirt cheep! break it, go see on the way home, fix it and bash again the next day win win for me

the next lemming that asks which buggy do I buy the next time I see that question asked I'm going to bombard them with all the bad threads about what's wrong with hypers

Out of interested which buggy/truggy/monstor truck would you recommend then!?

i have had a hyper 8 for 2 years now that started life as nitro but is now leccy , and the only thing i have broken is steering knuckles(which got changed to cnc and been fine since) and a wing mount, and i do bash very hard, i bash with lads that have hyper 7,s and honestly would not say that one is any stronger or weaker than the other, bearing in mind the 2 cars share the majority of its parts, so how can one be so much weaker, but like i say my 8 is no weaker than a 7

Edited by dazj10

infact, your very wrong...

they share a few parts... but not many...

most the bits you tend to break are very different...

and i guess you aren't bashing as hard as you think....

But i'm not saying hyper 8's are weak, very few 1/8 buggy's are week (kyosho i'm looking in your direction) ;) but they're certainly not as strong as hyper 7's... or at least, not from what i have seen in person, experienced in person and seen on the track.

Edited by Bazzokajoe

I have a Hyper 7 Black and have found fatboyneil on so many threads slating the hyper name and it is based on nothing as he said he has never owned a hyper.

My hyper hasn't had anything replaced other than the pull start cord that I pulled out as I didn't know how long it was and I've had it for 4 months now bashing 1-2 times a week.

Out of interested which buggy/truggy/monstor truck would you recommend then!?

i wouldn't recommend any without first asking what its use would be and what budget most people just blindly recommend cars without hearing whats being looked for take the one from today in the buggys section a racer for

i wouldn't recommend any without first asking what its use would be and what budget most people just blindly recommend cars without hearing whats being looked for take the one from today in the buggys section a racer for

Whoa, I didn't expect to start a riot! :scared:

I've had my Hyper 7 a month or so now, and I've replaced lots of parts, not through them breaking, but through me wanting them to be new, shiny and perfect. The only parts that have actually broken was steering servos, but that was because the servo saver wasn't ever maintained before I got it, so it was all jammed with grit. I cleaned it up, fitted an expensive all titanium geared servo and not had that problem since.

I haven't had much experience with other 8th scale cars, I've got a 10th scale, but that pales in comparison to the Hyper. I love how rugged, weighty and strong it feels. Everything feels like it's designed to be bashed hard and take extreme forces. Maybe all/most 8th scale cars are like that, but I've seen some tatty looking Thunder Tiger things in the window of ModelZone which don't look nearly as rugged.

I also love how readily available parts are, there are dedicated people (who offer excellent, personal service [hyperhale], specifically) who strip hypers and sell their parts. So there's never a worry something will break that I won't be able to replace quickly and cheaply... For instance, the side skirts on mine are scratched to bits, but that doesn't affect their performance, yet today I seen a brand new set for

i slag hypers off because they are so common, yet i still reccomend them to beginners based on trusted peoples reviews, the price to start out and the quality parts supply. but then the same could be said about savages if you think about it. its down to personal preference, what might be an outstanding buggy to one person might be completely wrong for somebody else

• Like 2