• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

The charger is OK, but below average. Max 35w charge means it's a slow charger. The LIPO is also OK, I have a few Overlander 3S and they're reasonably good quality, but also expensive.

These are good alternatives from Hobbyking (UK warehouse) that will make for a substantial saving, more than enough to buy a second battery.

Charger:

http://www.hobbyking...idProduct=25406

LiPo:

http://www.hobbyking...idProduct=34295

I use these in my XS, they fit if you cut a very small piece out of the battery tray, and they are a very good battery. You will however also have to supply and solder your own connector.

Note, the HK charger doesn't come with a power supply, so you will need to source your own.

(*edit* corrected a product mistake)

Edited by Slugsie

Got my xs up and running again :thumbsup: , gave it new slipper pads as when i opened the trans care it was like pencil shavings :scared: , refilled the shocks with 80wt oil and fitted new bearings on the diffs as the other ones had self destructed and then finally gave it a clean and put some red shock socks to keep the dirt out :hahadance:

Slugsie you up for a bash sometime soon ?

• Like 1

@Leongordon

I could well be up for a bash sometime, not had a chance to get any of my fast cars out for months.

@Dexter

I have the full T Bone kit on mine with the wheelie bar, if I didn't have the bar on it would spend half its time on its back!

It's this set:

http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-A-M/HPI/Savage-XS-Flux/F323-TBR-Thrasher-front-Chassis-Skid-NM-rear-set-26070-HPI-Savage-XS-Flux-p657.html

Front and rear bumpers, and an underside skid plate too which protects the underside and keeps rocks out.

@Leongordon

I could well be up for a bash sometime, not had a chance to get any of my fast cars out for months.

Mint we will have to arrange something , is the 3 sisters bash still going ? , yeah same i haven't ran the xs in months and now i have a heli too so that takes up most of my time

3 Sisters is mostly on hold for the winter I think, it's bad enough when wet in the summer, the mud there is a bugger to clean off. The guys are meeting up at a car park on the outskirts of Liverpool, but it's a fair trek from here.

There is always the Front at Lytham by the windmill, which is a touch more local for us both. :)

3 Sisters is mostly on hold for the winter I think, it's bad enough when wet in the summer, the mud there is a bugger to clean off. The guys are meeting up at a car park on the outskirts of Liverpool, but it's a fair trek from here.

There is always the Front at Lytham by the windmill, which is a touch more local for us both. :)

Ow right fair enough and i have just cleaned my xs so don't fancy doing it again if i have to haha and yeah Liverpool is quite a trek tbh especially when i don't drive , think we will just stick to our good old local area , im up for lytham soon when your free matey :thumbsup:

Edited by leongordon234

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to beef up the axle pins that go in the hexes? Is it just a case of drillin the axles and which pins should i get?
2mm drill bit for the axles and you can buy a bag of 2mm axle pins from blacksmith products dirt cheap and they take a fair amount of abuse..

There is no me in team..

2mm drill bit for the axles and you can buy a bag of 2mm axle pins from blacksmith products dirt cheap and they take a fair amount of abuse..

There is no me in team..

Cheers smash! Tonight the wife can find me in the man cave!!;)

anyone got a spare rear upright that they will kindly donate as mine has broke where the shaft goes in to attach it to the a arm and cant afford to buy the whole set atm just for the one piece i need :samui:

cheers

Michael

Edited by leongordon234

That's my Savage XS SS up and running again :thumbsup:

1 new driveshaft, 1 new wheel nut pin, new blue alloy wheel nuts, new Savox 1256 high torque servo, new body, new t-bone kit and tried some 10000cst diff oil instead of grease, it feels like I need thicker diff oil though. I had such a blast running it today, off for a skate park bash tomorrow :xd:

285757_10151469031055210_375580349_n.jpg

Looks great matey :thumbsup: what tyres are they ? , i have finally ordered the part i needed so hopefully will have it running for the weekend :hahadance: 1 problem though i only have 1 battery so limited for run time until i get another one

slugsie you up for a bash soon ?

Looks great matey :thumbsup: what tyres are they ? , i have finally ordered the part i needed so hopefully will have it running for the weekend :hahadance: 1 problem though i only have 1 battery so limited for run time until i get another one

slugsie you up for a bash soon ?

Thanks :thumbsup: The tyres are HPI Ground Assaults in D compound on HPI Scorch rims. What part are waiting on? I can see me needing to order another couple lipo's soon, I only have two 2S lipo's which I also need for my 1/10 buggy for racing.