• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Could be the steering angle ? Might be you got a centre dog bone mixed up ? Get some pics up as without seeing something it's hard to say really .

when you look form it at the front the wheels are angled out the way not facing straight forward abit like this / \ and its not a centre dog bone as i`ve had it in bits and the centre ones are defo shorter than the front ones the only thing i can think of is there is suppsed tobe foam washers in the drive cups and there missing so the bones can move around too much so i`m going to try the old fuel tube method and see what happens with that when the weather gets better

Great day today not only did my Quicrun show up but also a nice castle 3800kv so now i'm spoilt for choice !!.. i think i shall stick in the quicriun first as that's really just a test dummy and one i don't hold much hope for if i'm honest, but will see!!.. 

So before it goes and gets all mucky a few pics i think 

DSC02510_zps3665b44e.jpg

DSC02512_zpsea744845.jpg

DSC02513_zpsd82755b7.jpg

DSC02514_zpsee49a385.jpg

DSC02516_zps3c09b91a.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks fella

Right just got back in from a quick blast around the park, first up the gladiators have a super amount of grip !!

Next up this little quicrun motor is FANTASTIC !!!!!! So much power and super cool temps ran it flat out geared at stock 2s gearing and it only got to 142f and that's on grass which normally warms things up !! Backflips at the blip of the throttle and speed is very nice too!! .. Next step whack in the 3s gearing and see what that's like !! Has to be one of the best

Thanks fella

Right just got back in from a quick blast around the park, first up the gladiators have a super amount of grip !!

Next up this little quicrun motor is FANTASTIC !!!!!! So much power and super cool temps ran it flat out geared at stock 2s gearing and it only got to 142f and that's on grass which normally warms things up !! Backflips at the blip of the throttle and speed is very nice too!! .. Next step whack in the 3s gearing and see what that's like !! Has to be one of the best

The XS is looking awesome Mydoddy, will you be getting some Tbones?

Thanks fella

As for t bones I doubt it every single time I buy some I end up paying the duty and crappy royal fail charges plus I'm yet NOT to break a set !!! OK they get replaced but I'm just not overly impressed with them.. So unless I come across I set extremely cheap I doubt it

Must get myself a wheelie bar thou !!!

A word on budget so far as it stands it's cost me a whooping

• Like 1

I've been pretty lucky when order Tbones, never been hit with import charges yet "touch wood".

Yeah a wheelie bar is another must have.

That's a very decent built for that money, definitely a bargain.

Yeah it is still in the back of mind about getting another one, if I see a cheap roller I may just have to get it as they are one of the most fun trucks I've owned. I do need a basher again, I keep looking at Stampede 4x4's too, it's a tough choice.

I have the stampede 4x4 and it's one fun truck but i would never recommend buying a rtr there just too much money for what you get !!.. Instead either build your own from scratch or pick up a decent secondhand one .   It's not unbreakable by any means but it will take a shed load of abuse before it does, its not by any means the best rc i have but its the one that gets the most use i can't put my finger on why thou other than its just so much fun too drive around with.. Aquaplaning it through puddles or flipping it up trees and walls or just blasting it around never gets tiresome like some other rc's

Have to say i'm glad i have both as choice between the 2 is hard  !!

• Like 1

I know what you mean with a secondhand XS being risky, I paid over the odds for my first believing it to be in good condition - it was such a state that the only 'good' parts were the ESC and a few of the plastics! (I was a bit naive at the time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AlexM

Yeah i know what you guys mean about secondhand gear, i only went with this one as it was the ss version so it had some decent upgrades on like shocks cvd's and links plus a few other bits which if i had of bought separately would have cost more than the truck did 3 times over if not more !! .. :thumbsup:

got my e clip elimantor mod set up today and what a disappointment that was as i was told it would replace the long pins holding the a arms onto the diff casing how wrong was i there actually for holding the c hubs onto the a arm so i guess some reading up would have helped but when i did read it up i could`nt find anything but atleast i don`t have to worry about them c clips anymore now all i need is hd diff cups to replace the crappy stock ones oh and new tyres  

Edited by mini-z-awd

Redrill the hole to 2 mm and use some pins from the wheelie king, same thing I did on the cvd's a few pages back

just wondering is there another set of driveshafts from another hpi car not the centre ones that fit as i kinda broke the pin that go`s all the way though and i dont want cvd`s ive heard there all abit pish

Redrill the hole to 2 mm and use some pins from the wheelie king, same thing I did on the cvd's a few pages back if that's the pin you mean ?

Redrill the hole to 2 mm and use some pins from the wheelie king, same thing I did on the cvd's a few pages back if that's the pin you mean ?

no drill so cant do that and i`ve tried heating it up to push the remains out and replace the pin that way and no go there either so i guess new driveshafts on the way