• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

can i run lipo instead of nimh

mr.brown

Yes, although lipos are 7.4 just for reference :)

Get yourself a lipo alarm, preferaly with a voltage readout so you can see how much juice your lipos have and it also stops you running them too low

well the lipos are 8.4 fully chargrd whereas the nimh are 9.0 fully charged.as for the alarms i have a few lying around somewhere. so i just wanted to know if i can use my lipos instead of nimh just for the time being until i know which brushless motor to buy.if you can advise that would be appreciated as im looking for a fast motor dont which turn motor to get either 5t or 20t!

well the lipos are 8.4 fully chargrd whereas the nimh are 9.0 fully charged.as for the alarms i have a few lying around somewhere. so i just wanted to know if i can use my lipos instead of nimh just for the time being until i know which brushless motor to buy.if you can advise that would be appreciated as im looking for a fast motor dont which turn motor to get either 5t or 20t!

Voltage is voltage, the esc and motor won't care what chemistry your batts are- just be sure to use an LVC with the lipos to prevent over-discharge.

As for motors, brushed or BL, the fewer turns the faster the motor will be; for a 1/10 2wd buggy or similar, most guys tend to go for something around 9t / ~3300kv motor, works just great on 2s lipo and crazy-fast on 3s lipo. I would recommend however doing some research into your model of r/c- lots of guys have them so getting a better ideas of a good esc/motor/gearing setup won't be too hard...