• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/8 buggy/truggy bumpers/skids

ravenguard

I know you'll think I'm a retard, but what is the easiest way to measure the holes?

the way i done it was take the front and rear ends of and put the bumper on were you need it togo and mark the holes with either a pen or even a craft knife drill the holes out and to countersink them heat up the diff screw and push it through the hole till its countsunk then run it under some water to cool it down

• Like 1

Thanks mate. Great this will give me a chance to use the couter sunk bit.

Will get this done tomorrow.

the way i done it was take the front and rear ends of and put the bumper on were you need it togo and mark the holes with either a pen or even a craft knife drill the holes out and to countersink them heat up the diff screw and push it through the hole till its countsunk then run it under some water to cool it down

Fitting them tomorrow mate, hopefully if it's dry I'll get a run.

no probs.

they work really good aswell saved me a few time when ive rolled it

Fitted them and they do look good. Only thing I went a little too far with one of the counter sunks. And virtually threaded the front diff housing screw holes. I'll have to watch this now!

It was only one hole that was almost thread, and one hole on the bumber that was counter sunk a bit much, but not right through. All is holding right now thanks. Worst case I have a spare diff case I could use.

Can you fill it will glue then put screw it.

Here the pics of the finished article, did this at 4am this morning!!

Bumper1.jpgBumper2.jpgBumper3.jpg

My white ones came with loads of marks and scratches on, still look good mounted and tried for the life of me to get them off, like scores in the plastic, thought they were all like this but just mine :/ oh well

67BCCC11-34CB-4E97-B0ED-B64EB3016580-5043-0000058FA18302B9.jpg

My white ones came with loads of marks and scratches on, still look good mounted and tried for the life of me to get them off, like scores in the plastic, thought they were all like this but just mine :/ oh well

67BCCC11-34CB-4E97-B0ED-B64EB3016580-5043-0000058FA18302B9.jpg

sorry mate think they were my template ones