• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mad Monkey Problem (Gears?)

Mastema

Yeah I changed the gearing a few days ago because the original motor was burning the cables it got that hot so u replaced it with the hpi firebolt .Then a few months later the new motor Began to get quite hot aswell. Then the gearbox broke so I replaced it and now the motor is still getting too hot and the esc is now getting too hot aswell.

Have you used the fire bolt motor a lot? As if you have it could need skimming as the bushes might be worn out. Hats why brushless is popular as there isn't anything to wear out on them.

LOL you wouldn't go to the trouble of skimming a 6 cuid motor would you ?? It's a mad monkey not a hpi baja.  Like I say drive your rc, have fun when parts break replace them  and upgrade to brushless, all part of the fun, don't take it too seriously after all it's "not" a real car.

I guess, but the cheapest way to get up and running and faster would be a brushless upgrade but it would still cost you in the region of 50 cuid which is 50 cuid towards a new car though + you'll get more buzz with a new rc.

Having said that I'm trying to get a few parts for my old Ansmann DNA as it was really nice to drive, the buggies in my opinion are more prone to front end breakages especially around the shock towers with everything exposed etc

Edited by GRIFKILL

It was an explanation you muppet of why the motor/esc could be running hot. Sorry but I know it's a useless motor and not worth skimming but an understanding of the motors you use does help in this game. As I suggested brushless is the way to go, If your wanting a new model flog it and put it towards a new one. Oh one more thing cheap brushless combos can be had for

• Like 2

Sorry but gif's idea isn't the way to go i know it's not a real car but getting it sorted is always good. I own a mad rat and took me a while to get it right to where I wanted least I have a spare when the slash/virus is out of order.

That's a bit opinionated Juggs, he's "getting started " like me, don't confuse him with skimming motors and taking temperatures just yet , we're not all as qualified as you. Who's the muppet who was gonna skim a 6 cuid motor again ??

Shouldn't LYAO at other peoples opinions you could end up a laughing stock yourself.

It will probly cost more because I would have to upgrade the gears motor and esc.

No mate you'll get the motor and esc together as a combo for 50 cuid or less as Juggs says.

I got this one           https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=47105               recently for an E-firestorm works great.  

You wont have to touch the gears.

Edited by GRIFKILL

That's a bit opinionated Juggs, he's "getting started " like me, don't confuse him with skimming motors and taking temperatures just yet , we're not all as qualified as you. Who's the muppet who was gonna skim a 6 cuid motor again ??

Shouldn't LYAO at other peoples opinions you could end up a laughing stock yourself.

I think I know who the laughing stock here!

I'm running my mad monkey with a 10,5 t brushless setup and no gears have stripped yet.

Admitted i don't runt it that much but still it has not stripped yet.

I had most of my problems with the shocks and they are now replaced.

For a 2wd 50

• Like 1