• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Southampton Bashers, Local Chat :)

So..... I managed to blow the front diff last sat and as always I've read into it too much. The postman today kindly Brough me 2 complete bulkheads complete with bp diffs, a nice new black fibreglass shell all the gear to fix my hyper 7. 

Does anyone know if i should have any play at all in the new diffs? I have about 3mm play on one driveshaft cup on each diff, but not the other and about 1.5mm on the gearbox ones too?

Ps. Weather looks poor this weekend. ?

i got play in my BP diffs on my savage only about 1mm play if that.. not had any probs... but with the old diffs u had before there were a nightmare!!!

i should shim mine but to be safe if u want 2 shim them but not to the point its tight.... :)

Looks like rain late tomorrow so any one up for sports center tomorrow?  Or mw but still think that be wet...

Went to sporty this evening no puddles but grass was damp.... Bmx track was dry... Wasnt bad also found a nicer spot to play on but no hut lol i upload vid in abit 

Banging!!  I just need to find a bolt it fell out of the drive chain on my Savage last nite the one that gos throu the brake hex and drives back wheels 

Cable ties held up on my pipe lol

Edited by G-RATs-Savage

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt go in the end charged savage up tightened up steering tested and relized lost drive to one of the back wheels diff was half lose apart smashed a few inside gears... And dead bearing found an old broken diff and managed to make 1 diff out of them both finished that and noticed bearing gone on the front diff slopping all over the show so i got that out bit need to buy a bearing but least it hasnt smashed it self to bits... So i ended up sorting it out lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ez guys, been out yesterday down sports center and today down lordshill, been really nice weather!!  Ordered up parts for my losi for next weekend,  got qn old mate out with his brand new losi dbxl :) hoping to get a meet on next weekend lordshill seems better for the large scale if any one is up for it hopefully sunday :)

Wheres everyone gone lol sorry i aint been out much this year but alot been going on in my life but been missing the cars getting back on it before summer ends hoping to go to 5 ackers lordshill (next to david lloyds) big fields :) car park next to that new school off Romsey road hope to see some of ya sunday :) from 1pm 

• 3 weeks later...