• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

Took my Mini 8ight to the RHR Suffolk meet on Saturday, it performed great on the track and jumps a dream. Okay so there were a few hairy moments, the track is a little stoney and the Mini 8ight done it's fair share of cartwheels but nothing broke!

Got RPM's coming from The Toyz and when funds allow will be adding a front T-Bone bumper, then it'll be even more bash proof.

Well impressed! :D

Edited by JayJ

hi everyone just had a blast through this topic and there are some nice cars.I have a few questions to ask

1/ are the m8 as good for bashing as i read on here and see on you tube?

2/ whats the tie raps and metal bracket for on the front suspension?

3/ what would be the main thing that brakes on them and how ie,jumping (how high),barrel rolling (tyer to tyer),spur gear shredding?

this all come as i am bord of drifting so i am selling up.I havent seen one in the ....flesh....lol and was wondering how high of the ground it is (for the drop curbs round were i live) thanks if you can help

hi everyone just had a blast through this topic and there are some nice cars.I have a few questions to ask

1/ are the m8 as good for bashing as i read on here and see on you tube?

2/ whats the tie raps and metal bracket for on the front suspension?

3/ what would be the main thing that brakes on them and how ie,jumping (how high),barrel rolling (tyer to tyer),spur gear shredding?

this all come as i am bord of drifting so i am selling up.I havent seen one in the ....flesh....lol and was wondering how high of the ground it is (for the drop curbs round were i live) thanks if you can help

1. yes i bash mine hard the only thing i realy broke was the rear wing mount

2. on mydoddy69`s they are to stop the tops of the shocks breaking you an also get the dp front tower todo the same job

3. depends on what your doing but the main things seem tobe the tops and bottoms of the shock eyelets from what ive seen and read about the spur will only shred if some something gets trapped in there or the mesh is setup wrong the ride heigth is preety high for me anyway but it will still get up curbs easily

Edited by mini-z-awd

mini-z-awd thank you thank you and thank you for that a mini8 it is then for me small cheap to maintain and a heep of bashing fun.would you sergest new (warranty for when i brake it) or second hand and hope the minor jobs have been done. thanks

mini-z-awd thank you thank you and thank you for that a mini8 it is then for me small cheap to maintain and a heep of bashing fun.would you sergest new (warranty for when i brake it) or second hand and hope the minor jobs have been done. thanks

if you have your own radio gear i would get the artr from rc pitstop for

things are just geting better i have a speky trans and sr300 iv just taken out the drifter and a turnigy 6 charger so would the battery and charger sell on ebay to feed the lipo. is there anything i may need to know about the lipo would i need to mod to get it in and i understand it takes 3s (power)

and amrtr is still under warranty :hahadance: thanks

things are just geting better i have a speky trans and sr300 iv just taken out the drifter and a turnigy 6 charger so would the battery and charger sell on ebay to feed the lipo. is there anything i may need to know about the lipo would i need to mod to get it in and i understand it takes 3s (power)

and amrtr is still under warranty :hahadance: thanks

the charger you have would be good for lipo charging and yes it will take 3s lipo`s but you will have to mod the tray alittle. the tabs that hold the battery in would need taken of and i would be careful with 3s power and that esc as ive heard it can just shutdown for no reason so most people stick to 2s lipo i have these 2s lipos for mine

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11907__Turnigy_nano_tech_1800mah_2S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

3s

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20391__Turnigy_nano_tech_1400mah_3S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_TRA2823_Traxxas_1_16_models_.html

but you could also try these from giant shark (but you have to be careful you get the right ones as i got two from there and they sent the wrong ones)

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-1800-2s1p-lipo-battery-p-406441.html

thanks yet again

I have been looking at the gens the reviews on you tube say there a good battery but i do know that turnigy are good as for giant shark iam abit put of with all the bad feedback i here thanks again lets hope the drifter sells

thanks yet again

I have been looking at the gens the reviews on you tube say there a good battery but i do know that turnigy are good as for giant shark iam abit put of with all the bad feedback i here thanks again lets hope the drifter sells

no probs

Yeah as mini-z-awd said those metal brackets i made up are to stop the shock top from breaking easy to make up from a piece of alloy angle.. If you dont want to make them you can indeed buy the DP tower from the states or a cheaper option is to get some Vorza shock top protectors and mod them to fit and at about

Yeah i seen them RPM arms but seeing as i bash the crap out of mine and i havent broke an arm yet!!!.. Did'nt see the point in wasting my hard earned on them just yet...Now watch this weekend i'll break'em you watch :whistling: