• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

Its crap when that happens which company was it I have used a few in the states but I have my favorites.

Si

company called tandthobby on ebay the other company ive used there didnt have any instock when i ordered it and guess what they have them now just my luck i hope its here next week but i think it will be the week after if iam lucky.

I was looking at some things today from there on ebay and have somthing in my watch list from them I might give it a miss but philshobbyshop is one of the best I have used on ebay they send stuff really quickly.

Hope it gets here quick so your not too long in waiting.

Si

I was looking at some things today from there on ebay and have somthing in my watch list from them I might give it a miss but philshobbyshop is one of the best I have used on ebay they send stuff really quickly.

Hope it gets here quick so your not too long in waiting.

Si

thats the company i usually use they do ship pretty quickly and ive never been hit with customs from them either which i like

hs225mg

front t-bone (usa)

kimbrough saver (usa)

vorza shock protectors

mini 8ight hardwere set

and a bit of velcro

i never had to mod the vorza shock protectors i put a washer on the back a tamiya wheel nut as a spacer and wheel nuts on the bolt

th_SDC14288.jpg

th_SDC14295.jpg

and i also put wheel nuts on the rear sus tops

heres a number of photos

SDC14304.jpg

SDC14301.jpg

SDC14298.jpg

SDC14297.jpg

SDC14295.jpg

SDC14288.jpg

SDC14294.jpg

SDC14277-1.jpg

SDC14291.jpg

Thanks

Edited by PIPE247

I have the vorza tops too but the 3 mm cf front shock mount is just that bit too thick to fit them as you have done it does not leave enough thread to fit the nut properly I am going to get some longer stainless allen screws then it will fit them with ease just as you have fit yours no need to mod the actual protectors.

Si

the nuts are close but there threads are in the nilock and the washers are actually tt-01 shim-things so could be a bit thick

i was wondering if theres a screw conversion for these cos i keep rounding the hexs but that could be down to the fact av only got allen keys and a quid shop hex driver

and yes when i find girlfriends nail file al cleanup my kimbrough

There is a screw kit but only seen it in the US if I remember right, I used the dremmel on the kimbrough saver I took alot off that I didn't need to really but its all good.

I measured the screw on the front mount and if I got it right they are M2.5 in width I will get a few stainless a little longer than the stock ones trouble is they don't do button heads the length I was going to get but thats ok I suppose.

I have loads of allen keys scattered about the place I keep loosing buying more then find them again I try now to keep the right ones with the car but it doesn't work lol.

Si

hi mhm its lipo alarm of ebay there fully adjustable and 1/8 cell readout http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fb5f44cb

i know the esc has a cut off but i put one in just for peace of mind

thanks

Thanks. Might well copy your setup. The built in cut off has left me with only 3% capacity in the LiPo on at least occasion and the red flashing light should mean its in LiPo mode... Sounds like a small price to pay to save a few batteries.

got my new chassis today fitted it all together to test everything was working and the motor got bit hot using the traxxas gear mod so ive now changed back to stock and everything seems ok still waiting on the t-bone which will hopefully be here soon

hi all i was just wondering if anybodys haveing the same problem

the screw that holds the o/s rear diff cup on keeps coming loose so av just put a splash of threadlock on an see if that hold

reading other threads seems like some of you are also having the grubb problem so i put some threadlock on them and it seems to be holding

I have seen the rear mount but not sure there is a good enough reason to have one unless your running without the wing on as all the spills i have had always the wing that takes the hit not the shock mount.

I think maybe fitting the traxxas motor along with the spur mod would keep the motor temps reasonable enough,it seems a few are fitting the larger motor and getting good results only having to take a shaving or two off the topdeck to fit it and widen the mount holes on the motor mount to fit a larger pinion too so I have been reading.

Si

I have seen the rear mount but not sure there is a good enough reason to have one unless your running without the wing on as all the spills i have had always the wing that takes the hit not the shock mount.

I think maybe fitting the traxxas motor along with the spur mod would keep the motor temps reasonable enough,it seems a few are fitting the larger motor and getting good results only having to take a shaving or two off the topdeck to fit it and widen the mount holes on the motor mount to fit a larger pinion too so I have been reading.

Si

ive only really seen one person apart from squirrel running the traxxas motor and pinion and only one of them has had to widen the motor mount holding holes and he is having no problems running that motor and i guess running the traxxas gear mod would be benificail in some regards as to going faster plus you can run smaller pinions if need be.

iam going to try the motor aj is using in his lrp shark to see if that is any good plus its way cheaper than the traxxas or het motors. i know its pretty good in a mini revo as ive seen one using the black mantis and its way quicker in the revo than the velinion even on a 2s and abit scary on a 3s

Edited by mini-z-awd

What motor is it in the shark,I don't know if I will swap just yet still have the cm26 that I have not tried but I may look into another.

I think 19t pinion is the biggest using the stock spur and if I remember they widened the mount holes to put a larger pinion with stock spur but with the traxxas spur mod you could run alot of pinion variations it would be an animal LOL but might be uncontrollable :shockingscary:

Vids would be good to see.

Si

What motor is it in the shark,I don't know if I will swap just yet still have the cm26 that I have not tried but I may look into another.

I think 19t pinion is the biggest using the stock spur and if I remember they widened the mount holes to put a larger pinion with stock spur but with the traxxas spur mod you could run alot of pinion variations it would be an animal LOL but might be uncontrollable :shockingscary:

Vids would be good to see.

Si

aj`s using the black mantis 4200kv motor from giantshark from the vid ive seen of it in the shark it seems quite a good motor and my little bro has one in his mini revo and it can beat my mini 8ight when were suing the same mah size of 2s lipo`s.

your right he did have to widen the screw holes for the motor mount but like you say if your using the traxxas mod it would be easier to use different size pinions but then depending on what size spur you use you wouldnt like the 45t spur and 19t pinion you wouldnt have too but anything over that then yes you would i guess but its one of those things someone has todo it

here is the black mantis motor.

http://www.giantshar...r-p-405068.html

if i can get through to him tomorrow all put the mantis in my mini 8ight and get some vid of it running though it may be next week before iam there again

Edited by mini-z-awd

i wanna change the stock motor but i want something is quite fast, if its a castle creation which one. and what battery would fit in the car!

the only castle one ive seen that will work is the cm26 in either 4600kv or 6800kv but you will have to look really hard as the dont make it anymore and there also abit pricey if you do find one as everyone wants them as for batterys either gens ace or turnigy nano-techs in either 1800 or 2200mah 2s