• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

polished aluminum

rcsammy

the things on my new revo like the fuel tank guard and stuff are all scuffed and blue anodies and i want to take the anodinsing off and polish it up a bit

how though?

i can take the anodising off fine

but i dont know the best way to polish it....i have a dremmel and would rather use taht to do it

it came with a tub of polishing stuff aswell but i dont know how to use that

:whistling:

he is anodizing it, but maybe he thinks it will need polishing too after?

no im leaving it bare metal and polishing it

im thinking about painting it now though

or how easy is it to de anodise somthing?

as i ahve only taken the anodising off a test peice of metal

i was gonna do it but u need chemicals and crap, see if someone can do it for u?

once the paint is off the alloy will be a good silver, polishing it all would look poo imo and its only gonna get dirty all the time and go dull anyway so theres no point really

look a used polished pipes,

Best way is emery cloth.

get 3 different grades (not to coarse or it will just put huge scratches in it) and when its smooth, go down to the finer cloth until it is really smooth and shiny.....then you can go ahead and polish it with a metal polish (don't use brasso, makes alluminium dull after a while but if you use an alluminium polish it will keep it lively for a long time :)

you definately wanna use a cover tho as the ali will get tarnished after a while of use and abuse that youll no doubtly do! B) id use warmed up yacht varnish, spray laquer or somat, the warming ensures a nice and smooth finish and the polishy jobby in the dremel kit is applied to a polishing disk doohicky.

well i had a go with the bumper

not too bad

its about what i wanted, its not pefectly smooth but thats how i wanted it because if it gets scratched they wont show mup as much

i also reshaped the bumper a bit with the dremmel

DSC02416.jpg