• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

air cpmpressor

alex199020

yup dazzi hit nail on head.

lets get things in perspective here, there are two types of compressor.

noisey and quiet. the quiet type are normaly diaphram pumps and fail often from rubber failing. they are ok for general airbrush work but thats it !! . types like the bantit can be used for other jobs too and will cope with the low psi required by air brushes. i run my clarke at 12psi when airbrushing on some items. you can convert an old fridge compressor too work a airbrush too. there is no need too leave compressor running. i can paint a whole 1/10th shell on one full 6LT tank of air with atleast a third left for helping they drying period. i also use it too.

touch up fathers 1:1 car

paint rooms in house

fix garden units

cut computer chassis with a air cutter

pollish 1:1 cars with air polisher

the list goes on and on.

you will require nodoubt a diffrent fitting too you brush but am sure badge has made these adaptors. you also require a water/oil trap (filter) and good quality air line. for blowing dow your rc you want too look at air blow guns. the one i have has a 8' long nossle and is fantastic at blowing crud from my over worked computers CPU heatsink/ ducts. look in the off topic area for thead about xmas gifts and you will see my full setup i run. i normaly plug in fill the res and switch of the unit. only once did i have too leave compressor unit on all time and that was when spraying my godsons FLY BIKES bmx frame in candy red custom. looks bloody ace too i may say. its like having a dremel but ta bigger and air powered :D

noddy to answer your question... i myself would take down your brush hose and find the attachement required too bridge gap between the brush and supply of air eg:compressor outlet. try find push fit compression fittings these will make changing over of tools quick and easy. best place too look at air tols is ebay, type in air tools into the serch there you will be amazed at what you find

now too find a Air Power holeshot punch :lol: