• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

air cpmpressor

alex199020

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/

one of their stores maybe in your area aswell

yeah thats a place too visit

i have the clarke BANDIT 1.25hp 6L and its fantastic for airbrush. if getting one you need too look for one is a res this means the air is stored compressed and not just pumped out like some cheaper models.

i know that school have an aircompressor. we could go covert opt and 'BORROW' it.

theres a machinemart on the same road as vue cinema and hollywood bowl in kirkstall, if u didnt know

Edited by koroshko

Thats a great price for the Clarke Bandit.....only £74 inc VAT - I paid £50 for a crappy compressor with no resevoir on it - I may just purchase one of these myself...

:blink:

One thing I NEVER realised is the noise of these things, I have used compressors before, but they were quiet. I have one now at home and its almost silent. but I got one from screwfix the other week and it was an INCREDIBLE noise - utterly utterly utterly (!) useless for me, I paint at 2am and the noise carried all through the house. So it went back. So, just be aware that these cheap compressors are designed for other stuff, not airbrushing.

well yeh u'll need a hose and then somthing to block the end of the hose up with so the pressure builds up in the tank but even then the pressure will be realesed with in 10 secs and u'll have to block the pipe up again, the easiest thing to do would be to buy a cheap airbrush but the air coming from them is'nt that great wen i comes to blasting mud away

tbh if its sole purpose is just to clean your truck then I would'nt bother, once u've bought this stuff u'll only be dissapointed with the results, if anything pick up a cheap power washer that'll definatly clean the rc

well u don't need to fully clean the truck everytime u use it jus wipe it down then every so often or wen it gets too muddy drop the engine and cover the radio gear or take it out and blast the truck, it'll clean it in seconds then dry it off and cover the metal parts with wd40 - oviously stand back wen u use the washer, too close and it might rip the truck apart lol

plenty of peeps use power washers cos they work lol, I have a compressor etc and tried cleaning with it but they're not that good

yeah thats a place too visit

i have the clarke BANDIT 1.25hp 6L and its fantastic for airbrush. if getting one you need too look for one is a res this means the air is stored compressed and not just pumped out like some cheaper models.

I know this is a daft question, but I'll ask it anyway - do I need a different valve for my Badger Airbrush than one that is supplied for a Nail gun or are they all the same size fittings????

Ta Nods :whistling:

I know this is a daft question, but I'll ask it anyway - do I need a different valve for my Badger Airbrush than one that is supplied for a Nail gun or are they all the same size fittings????

iam pretty sure they are all the same size fitments mate :good:

some brushes have different size fittings, u can get 1/4" 1/8 etc often u need adaptors for them to fit, I get all my stuff from here and heres the adaptors

http://www.everythingairbrush.com/acatalog...es_&_Hoses.html