• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy69's MT4 G3

mydoddy69

is the chassis flex really so bad that you need such a brace from one bulkhead to another?

I would say under NORMAL DRIVING conditions NO it doesn't need it.. But then again normal can be a little dull sometimes so bash it like i do, then that would be a yes :thumbsup: Thing to look at here is a chassis is like

Nice 'Dodster, need to do the same for my TT rear arms.

What brand of bubbly was that from? It has a strange texture and isn't rounded, heh ;)

Fella that's like top secret info your asking .. OK seeing as its you I'll share then

Surf liquid cut it out to the shape you like cover it in good old waterproof black gaffer tape to holes either end black cable tie in each and job done .. Anything that's about 1 to 2mm thick will work as long as it flexes

• 4 weeks later...

Right I know its been a while but I've been busy with other trucks and things .. Anyway I have been testing out some alloy diff cups which this very very nice guy called Rob has made for me (INNOVATIVE-RC).. Got to say they are a massive improvement on the stock plastic cups.. They should be on his site soon if anyone wants them or any other bits give the guy a call he's a legend .. The quality of his work is just fantastic .. These are the only set in the world at the minute that I know of for this truck and I have them thanks to RobDSC01056.jpgDSC01053.jpgDSC01057.jpg

Edited by mydoddy69

Right I know its been a while but I've been busy with other trucks and things .. Anyway I have been testing out some alloy diff cups which this very very nice guy called Rob has made for me (INNOVATIVE-RC).. Got to say they are a massive improvement on the stock plastic cups.. They should be on his site soon if anyone wants them or any other bits give the guy a call he's a legend .. The quality of his work is just fantastic .. These are the only set in the world at the minute that I know of for this truck and I have them thanks to RobDSC01056.jpgDSC01053.jpgDSC01057.jpg
i want those cups.. ;) how much for the shiny shiny?

There is no me in team..

• Like 1

They should be up on his site sometime over the weekend fingers crossed .. Got to say they are fantastic.. Take a bit of time to get them shimmed and together but well worth the time and effort .. Price wise cant say but about the same as his other's stuff so I've been told .. So around

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
No worriers they need shimming but other than that there the dogs dangles..
i don't doubt they are for a second, in fact I'm banking on it as I've just sprung for a couple of 6s packs which should be no problem for the diffs now..

There is no me in team..

Edited by smash

i don't doubt they are for a second, in fact I'm banking on it as I've just sprung for a couple of 6s packs which should be no problem for the different now..

There is no me in team..

What packs did you go with ?? Pics or links will be nice

Whoa talk about service, check those diff cups turned up today, they are superb quality aren't they, shame in a way that they'll be hidden away ;)

There is no me in team..

What packs did you go with ?? Pics or links will be nice

Btw doddy that was a typo re what packs I was ordering they are the 4000mah 45c zippy flightmax packs, they are a bit of a squeeze size wise but I'm going to do a minor mod on the battery tray to get them in there..

There is no me in team..

just bought one of these and havnt managed to use a full battery through it yet, in 10 mins runtime its spat the rear driveshaft out 4 times..... seems one is shorter. parts arnt exactly common either..... wanna use it!!

just bought one of these and havnt managed to use a full battery through it yet, in 10 mins runtime its spat the rear driveshaft out 4 times..... seems one is shorter. parts arnt exactly common either..... wanna use it!!
that will probably be the old front cvd in the back problem, quite a few shipped like that, I have a look see at the fronts to make sure of the length.. Did you get it brand new? If so then get in touch with the shop you got it from and they should be able to sort you out for free with the correct part.. It's a well documented thing so feel free to point them at this thread.. ;)

There is no me in team..

• Like 1

cheers for that, yeh i did notice something on googke about it.... obviously the shop said the usual "first weve heard"

yes its new, just over christmas there was no point in trying the distributors..... i will get my free replacements, just i bet they take an age to get here.. no fun.

i had a quick look at the fronts but will remove to measure :) cheers for the info gaz.

cheers for that, yeh i did notice something on googke about it.... obviously the shop said the usual "first weve heard"

yes its new, just over christmas there was no point in trying the distributors..... i will get my free replacements, just i bet they take an age to get here.. no fun.

i had a quick look at the fronts but will remove to measure :) cheers for the info gaz.

Bit of common issue and for the life of me i don't know why.. If you get stuck drop me a pm and i'll lend you one of my spares if it helps you out

• Like 1

Doubt Trackside will have them in stock .. I did a goggle search way back at the beginning of the year and found them there to find out the guy hasn't got them in stock but has them on order.. Best place i found for parts was Philshobby Shop State side takes around a week for parts to come but he always has stock.. I did notice the other day thou that Modelsport are starting to stock a few more parts ..

Or the other way to have a endless supply at your finger tips is to do what Smash did and get a st1 roller of eBay for around a

• Like 2

Yep that's a ton well spent, I've managed to trash a few bits and pieces and the roller has done me proud ;) still got most of it left as I haven't broken anything major..

There is no me in team..

cheers fellas i will look into that

The trucks sorted now, took it back to shop as they wanted to see it, few parts off an ST1 they had in and im back together :) :)

Now see if i can break it again!

Cheers for the help people, is there anywhere i can buy the braces from?

gaz

Make one mate its cheap and easy, think mine cost me about 15 quid start to finish, there are plenty of pics up over on wonder tiger, and you can get all the stuff to make it off of eBay..

There is no me in team..

• Like 1

Could be a diff or the pinion catching the spur as the pinion needs a little threadlock on as from factory it has none..If it is a diff then more than likely the center one couple of shims should sort it .. I found within a couple of packs i'd striped mine down and reshimmed them.. Thunder tiger seem a tad tight on shims .. I have found the diffs to be a weak spot on this truck hence why i got Rob over at Innovative rc to make some alloy diff cups seems to have sorted the issue out ..

I found my center diff was bone dry out the box and the front and rear only had the smallest amount of grease in i'd ever seen .. There are a few things out the box that want looking at before you go bashing with the truck .. One of the reasons i pointed you to wondertiger.. once you get it dailed in its a beast, but build wise from the factory is a little weak

Now that i have mine the way it should have been from the factory i absolutely love the thing

Dunno mate I haven't shredded a diff yet, doddy may be able to help you out as I know he's mashed a few, all I'd say is take a look inside the bulkheads to see whether there are any teeth missing on the pinion or ring, if not it could be a mesh issue which will mean shimming them up or it could be the internals that are done for, I had mine apart before I ran it and packed them out with diff oil, 100k up front 500k centre and 50k rear..

There is no me in team..