• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky Gt3c Test Results

fatboyneil

Power button problem happend to me at the track yesterday as well. Know of at least two other members of this forum who this has happend to.

Hey GZ, when I eventually get the gt3c can I just send to you to fix lol.

You would not believe the hassle i'm having trying to sort this damn lexan fan spacer out!!

Took all of 10mins to fix haha, just needed 1 wire soldered at the switch :) bit of araldite to keep the wires in place and hey presto!

Seeing how cheap the radio was in the first place, i can excuse such an easy fix :) it's a VERY nice radio apart from that

• Like 1

Could someone take some pics of opening the tx up and show just what needs soldering?

I'm not exactly a pro at soldering so any pointers, tips, pics etc would be great :)

I'm getting one of these soon, is it worth securing the solder joint straight from the get-go or, does the wire need to be replaced?

If you Open it up straight away, And Re-inforce the base of the Wires at Both ends, It should help a Lot.

High strand count Silicone coated wire is just much better for Constant Flexing...

The problem with the Stock Wires is they are just The usual Cheap plastic coated deal, Which are quite stiff, and put more Back and forth bending force on the Exposed and unsupported Wire core where it exits the insulation at each end before bending themselves.

This pretty quickly Fatigues the metal, and it frays and breaks.

A Bit of Hot Glue, Or small shrinkWrap on the Joints at both ends before you start using the Radio should extend the Service Life by quite a long time, But will still need replacing eventually.... As I'm not sure what quality of wire core is used...

Could someone take some pics of opening the tx up and show just what needs soldering?

I'm not exactly a pro at soldering so any pointers, tips, pics etc would be great :)

We could have a Crack at that next time you come down my way on holiday X-)

If the wire survives that long..... Though should be OK untill then if you Hot Glue to Wire insulation to the Solder joint to Re-Inforce and protect the exposed Wire core...

Edited by GorillaZilla

I suppose I could always fry up some pva glue and have a go lol...

hot glue - do I need a glue gun and stuff??

I'm comng to wales in the first week of september and I cant wait! We all really need a holiday in my household!

I dont think we were allowed glue guns - my year was one of the worst the school had ever had. Our yearly day trip somewhere cool was cancelled because some kids were animals. not me though ;)

I got caught watching Urotsikidoji during lunch - the teacher walked in and found me messing about with a girl lol - I was trying to get a book off of her and the teacher thought we were being inappropriate lol.

we all got a serious talking to and my anime got confiscated lol. I dont think I ever got it back...

• Like 1

Eurgh, wire snapped again but halfway along its length! Replaced with servo wire and tested the switch whilst I was there... Discovered an intermittent fault with that too. New switches on order :( might as well have spares. Tempted to go back to my nice 27mhz system, at least that never gave me any problems!

Ha ha yeah, its silly. Luckily its not a hard thing to fix, its just a nuisance and means that im not inclined to use my cars other than home...

Knocking this handset off my wish list by the look of it.

it is a really good radio, once that simple problem is solved it is solid. you get a lipo and lots of features. Apart from the wire it has been brilliant, took it to 200m+ and didnt go out of range, tells you if low charge, built in failsafe, 10 model memory, havent seen a better one for the price. :yes:

is there anyone who would do this fix for me? :helpsmilie: to do it myself would need to buy wire, glue gun, maybe new soldering iron and heatshrink.

i could post it out and back.

opened up the wheel today, took a look and thought nope, ill mess this up.

If anyone would be so kind :36_1_32v[1]:

I can :) pm me and i can give you my details! Mines finally got a new switch now (original one failed as well as the wire!) and its perfect at last! :)