• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Killed my XT2 buggy

Just thought i share with you all, my tradgic experience today.

Out in an open car park just running the XTM XT2 buggy in a quiet area and the batteries I have were obviously rubbish as they were fresh on Friday. Anyway. Next minute the throttle stuck and the buggy flew off into the distance luckily only hitting a metal bollard. (and not one of the cars that were around) unluckily to me. I bent the whole chassis in a u shape. The only other things that broke were the front left wishbone. Just stripped it down completely and trying to straighten it out in a vise. But what bafels me is why did my fail safe not work. I have an Ansmann 2.4 ghz radio gear with a fail safe in it.

As a newbee I suppose I have learnt one of the most important things. GET BETTER BATTERIES!! I suppose all I can do Is laugh. Going to enjoy a rebuild though. Just glad it wasnt my beloved HPI trophey 4.6.

Anyone else learnt the hard way.

yep this happens mate. Run a decent 6v hump pack :thumbsup: My xt2 has servived many run offs lol into walls, fences and lamp posts :D

Excellent buggies

Was running great after I stuck The 2.4ghz in and sorted an air leak out. Was right in the middle of fine tuning it and boom this happens. Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts etc. Also need a body.

Plenty of places do parts. Ebay is best though. Jperkins maybe. Its the same as a GV hunter so those parts will fit.

As for bodies, they are universal.

oh yer car parks hurt :thumbsup:

bumped my xt2 into a few posts sunday one of which was a tank slapper right on the exhaust.

The very same car parked that ripped the alloy hop ups off my Pirate Bigfoot many years ago............

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts etc. Also need a body.

I ordered some spare parts for my XTM from http://www.hobbypeople.net in the US. Shipping wasn't that bad and the prices were reasonable. You are bound to find stuff cheaper on Ebay, but if you are in a hurry, from ordering online to my doorstep took 4 days which I think is not bad.

Edited by leo-rcc

• 4 months later...

I ordered some spare parts for my XTM from http://www.hobbypeople.net in the US. Shipping wasn't that bad and the prices were reasonable. You are bound to find stuff cheaper on Ebay, but if you are in a hurry, from ordering online to my doorstep took 4 days which I think is not bad.

for future ref, wheelspinmodels.co.uk stock mostarts for the xt2
  • Like 1

for future ref, wheelspinmodels.co.uk stock mostarts for the xt2

Luckily I've not had the need for them since then, but good to know.