• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Hi Nic,

Are you able to blip the thottle in mid air on that vandal to keep the nose up in jumps ?

Works a treat usually

Not tried tbh. Will try on some bigger jumps.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Just a little update on my brushed Carnage. I changed the servo saver for one that has the e clip. All was working lovely for five minutes or so until the steering went stiff and the servo could hardly move it. Stripped it down, greased it up and it worked lovely again for a few minutes. Then the same thing happened. Put the old servo saver, the one without the e clip, back in and it has been working perfectly since. I have know idea why the e clip is causing me problems. Anyone know why it keeps happening? 

On 7/2/2016 at 18:15, clblue said:

Just a little update on my brushed Carnage. I changed the servo saver for one that has the e clip. All was working lovely for five minutes or so until the steering went stiff and the servo could hardly move it. Stripped it down, greased it up and it worked lovely again for a few minutes. Then the same thing happened. Put the old servo saver, the one without the e clip, back in and it has been working perfectly since. I have know idea why the e clip is causing me problems. Anyone know why it keeps happening? 

Are you fitting it with the open side facing inwards or outwards?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. My son has an FTX Carnage Brushless, and I can say, from owning alot of rc cars in the past, it is very fast and agile.

We have a slight problem, so I thought I would ask here. The main Spur cog keeps shredding after a week or so of use. I have looked everywhere for a metal version, but to no avail. Does one exist? Is there an easier way of replacing it as it seems I have to take the whole thing apart to replace it with plastic ones (done a few now)

Also, he broke the plastic chassis and bought a blue aluminium one. I re-assembled the car parts onto the new chassis but found it did not have the sunken 'pit' recess like the plastic one, and the rear differential gears pushed against the metal chassis making it useless. I fixed it by putting 2mm pieces of plastic to raise it slightly allowing the gear to turn, but of course it lets water and grit in. I see there are now ones that have the sunken pit in. PITA having to take it all apart again and having to buy another chassis.

Just thought I'd warn anyone in case theres any more of these floating about.

Thank you for any advice.

Are you setting the mesh between the pinion and spur too loose? This can be a cause of stripped spurs. Although, Carnage spurs can strip even when set correctly.

• Like 1

Thanks guys :)  I will get one of those Aluminium Spurs. Amazes me no one has done them before as the Carnage has been around a while and so many people have reported shredded plastic spurs. I guess they like to sell spares? :ack:

Regarding the Aluminium Chassis we bought. I took these pics to show the gap where the rear differential does not have the recessed well to accomodate it.

I see there are now versions on ebay that do have the sunken recess. Nearly £40 though. This one was a waste of money and time. Worth checking it you buy one.

20120308_041242.jpg

20120308_041315.jpg

10 hours ago, quinnlouis said:

Do Quandem vandal parts fit FTX vantage please.

You seem to be spending a lot of money on less reliable cars at the cheaper end of the market and finding they arent doing what you want, Im guessing at the rate you are selling you are losing a fair chunk of money, wouldnt it make more sense to just buy something more solid that does what you need?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2016 at 22:29, quinnlouis said:

Do Quandem vandal parts fit FTX vantage please.

Yeah, the Vandal and Vantage are basically the same car. 

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 12:13, Swearengen said:

Those carbon shock mounts aren't totally indestructible!

Fitted some Pro-line dirt hawgs and they seem great on and off road.

DSC_0082.jpg

LOL...carbon ..imo is only for racers...:yes:.not basher....it snaps to easy......eventually....:doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, new member to the carnage club here, have read about 100 + pages of this very informative thread,  and it was at that point I decided to take the plunge and buy a bl carnage, then went various websites gathering the bits I wanted,  a better charger, more lipos, carbon towers and top plate,  Heatsink, t bone front bumber, sheet of lexan to make gravel/DIRT gaurds for the guts of her, 

Pretty much everything I learnt from reading this thread,  love reading all the posts, live in Hertfordshire and may come down to Westmill at some point in the future to meet a few of you in person,  cant express how much I have enjoyed reading it all ups downs even the 6s stuffs (madness lol ?),  just wanted to ask is there anything I may have forgotten to order,  any and all input welcomed,  thanks and happy rc'ing.

• Like 1

Or, save yourself lots of hassle, insults and being called by a girl's name and don't join the 'Chris Show' on WhatsApp, because he will troll you repeatedly with things solely related to his own agenda.

He also does not have 'other cool kit', nor control of his own life and gives stupid names to children.

I ain't making this up! :lol:

• Like 1

Well I charged the battery on stock charger for four hours. Then the lights said done, I went for a spin, didnt want to rinse it straight away just get the feel and so on, because im still waiting on my lipo alarm to come.

Ten minutes in and after some serious speed jumps and tearing up the private road out back I slammed it imto a pile of pallets I got out there for fire wood, and right on the block part of the pallet so a hard slam! Oops lol.

Broke the front right lower suspension arm, oh well **** happens,  so got on net ordered some more straight away,  but whilst taking broken arm off from wheel end no problem,  but closer to thr chasis side hmmmmmm, how do I slide the pin out? 

Cant work out which bits I need to remove to slide it out, any help would be greatly appreciated, 

And hound, and noj, thanks hahaha. 

Great forum. Loving it so far.

ah yes.  I've had many a spill like that with my carnage.

Theres a cover that goes over the front of the lower section of the housing for the diff.

take of the front bumper and you'll see it , it has a 2mm hex head bolt which needs undoing , that then shows you where the hinge pins are, pliers will get them out, just pull.

PS freeprawn racing are great for spares, uk based and good service from what ive found in my dealings with them

Edited by The Hound
  • Like 2

ah yes.  I've had many a spill like that with my carnage.

Theres a cover that goes over the front of the lower section of the housing for the diff.

take of the front bumper and you'll see it , it has a 2mm hex head bolt which needs undoing , that then shows you where the hinge pins are, pliers will get them out, just pull.

PS freeprawn racing are great for spares, uk based and good service from what ive found in my dealings with them

Done it managed to find exactly what you described about five mins after I posted, yeah got a few bits coming from freeprawn, modelsport, and wheelspin, due to some bits being out of stock /back order business, also got a front bumper from t bone coming too, they look wicked adorning the carnage. 5234e5f55c68c61ef3ee348a99b7e50f.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

05411f92f13ce5a4419857af2295c9a1.jpg

Did look like this, parts came, so I got to work fitted fiddly shock socks, replaced lower suspension arm, thread locked everything and went for a spin in the Rain, wow, these things are nimble in the wet too.

Looks like this now

275d346b57482cabe28671853a1119ca.jpg

Only one carbon tower at moment, waiting on loads on back order, cant wait to fettle her all fit.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk