• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Face. Palm. It didn't even occur to me that you could adjust the length of the rods, I'll have a look in the manual - cheers for your help and supportive words :D

Haha, no worries fella, it's what this forum's for. :thumbsup:  

• Like 2

shaft pins.......stud lock or bearing lock made by loctite will hold the pins in the shafts. for the pins make sure you use the permanent type of loctite,for grub screws use the semi permanent. hope this is usefull.

• Like 1

Wish I'd seen your message this morning, mine was running only 2wd for today :D, got some new grubs on their way. I keep snapping the front bumper mount (the Y-shaped one), is there some sort of upgrade for the bumper?

Wish I'd seen your message this morning, mine was running only 2wd for today :D, got some new grubs on their way. I keep snapping the front bumper mount (the Y-shaped one), is there some sort of upgrade for the bumper?

Do you have a carnage or vantage

I put the carnage bumper on my vantage best thing I've ever done!!

Do you have a carnage or vantage

I put the carnage bumper on my vantage best thing I've ever done!!

I keep snapping the front bumper mount (the Y-shaped one), is there some sort of upgrade for the bumper?

T-bone bumpers are a popular upgrade for carnage, really should get some myself save me a few repairs. Think you need part number C101-TBR for the front, C202-TBR for the rear.

Hello from Oz. New to this rc stuff. Just brought a VRX Sword(TRX Carnage).JUst wondering what upgrades i can do to it. I wil be drag racing(40.23m) it and doing street courses(main straight 38.25m). They are done on hotmix. New drag strip and track in my area so better support it. Council spent lots of my rates there. Both classes(beginners) i am entering require brushed motors & nimh batteries for first season. Spes on my Sword are: 550 hi-torque motor, esc 60a, 1800mah nimh battery, 17t pinion & 65t spur, tyres 120*60 mt. Came with sway bars, orion 1amp wall charger, 3300mah battery and 2.4ghz controller. Paid $150 new. What mods should i be looking at. There are no jumps involved in my racing. Tracks are prepped with VHT traction compound.

thanks

• Like 1

If you on a traction surface and you can't change the motor really the pinion needs to be increased but watch the rpm I've blown motors increasing tomuch

Go up in 2's and check temps!

Tyres are the next set if you street and drag racing then a good set if slicks would make a huge difference!

For the drag stiffen everything up makes all the motor power hit the wheels not the shocks!!

Good luck

I'm a bit confused with wheel and tyre sets, do the proline sets fit the Carnage? Looking for some good all-rounders that are better than the stock ones if anybody has any recommendations. Secondly, do most 1/10th scale body shells fit the Carnage such as - http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-ford-f-150-raptor-svt-clear-body-mini-e-revo/rc-car-products/366365?

The only problem you might have with fitting different bodies is the wheelbase and them not fitting behind the front bumper. Otherwise I see no reason why they shouldn't fit.

I know peeps have fitted this body to the Carnage (as mentioned in this thead):

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-desert-rat-clear-body/rc-car-products/28803

As for wheels, the Carnage rims are 2.82" dia. Not sure about offset though.

I'm in the process of 'adjusting' one of these to fit my carnage.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-chevy-early-50s-pickup-body-stampede/rc-car-products/29621

traxxas jato 2.8 inch wheels fit but the hubs are a little thin so I'd head for some 6mm thick ones from ebay. I put 7mm on mine and there wasnt enough stub shaft sticking through to get a good grab into the threadlock on the wheelnut. I'm running the jato's with proline streetfighter tyres on mine for tarmac/car parks and waiting on some other wheels and traxxas tyres for off road bashing

I'm in the process of 'adjusting' one of these to fit my carnage.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-chevy-early-50s-pickup-body-stampede/rc-car-products/29621

traxxas jato 2.8 inch wheels fit but the hubs are a little thin so I'd head for some 6mm thick ones from ebay. I put 7mm on mine and there wasnt enough stub shaft sticking through to get a good grab into the threadlock on the wheelnut. I'm running the jato's with proline streetfighter tyres on mine for tarmac/car parks and waiting on some other wheels and traxxas tyres for off road bashing

I've got my eye on the '66 Ford pickup. 

I got thicker hubs, need the wheels and tyres. Watching some nice boots on the bay.

• Like 1

Quick question, does anyone know how many turns a stock brushed motor in a carnage is please. I know the gearing is 17-65.

15 turns my good man. But with it being a 550 size can you'll need a speedo that can handle 12 turns as it pulls more current than a 540 15 turn.

Euuuugh, new grub screw into the front diff to make it 4WD again. Take it for a spin in the garden without the shell on it -> Rolls, knocks the cap off a shock and breaks the rear body post. Getting real tired of this!