• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

2 hours ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

To be fair thats not as bad as i was expecting!! lol

Happened at such a low speed aswel lol, hit a post an the chassis snapped and tore the one screw out of the front diff  🤣 was goin soo well too 

Edited with picks of damage, and chassis was brand new.

Anyone who is thinkin of doin the Ali arms, I would seriously consider doin the chassis aswel lol on the up side the front bumper worked well as if it was the standard one it would be broken too lol time to put the Dumbo x6fg into the nitro now 

IMG_20210922_194628.jpg

IMG_20210922_194125.jpg

Edited by Madmoz7610
  • Like 1

Been a while since I posted in here, so recent updates, I swapped out the factory brushless combo for the Photon 2.1FW and matching 4350Kv motor as I burnt out the original to the point it just would not move, got the aluminium steering arms and hub carriers, aluminium suspension holders, a Power HD LW20 20kg servo and aluminium 12mm hex's for the hubs, have been waiting for the steel 49t spur gear for a couple months now because running this thing for extended periods on a 3S pack is not possible, it just melts the plastic spur gears, even the hardened acetal ones, especially at a 50C discharge rate, no matter what I do, it spins up all 4 wheels, even from a rolling start at half throttle and on grass... It just sits there doing a 4 wheel burn out while the rear tyres are reaching for the wing, speaking of tyres, I'm going to need some new ones.

**EDIT**
I also have the RW motor mount fitted.

Edited by Gari_Ferret

2 hours ago, Gari_Ferret said:

Been a while since I posted in here, so recent updates, I swapped out the factory brushless combo for the Photon 2.1FW and matching 4350Kv motor as I burnt out the original to the point it just would not move, got the aluminium steering arms and hub carriers, aluminium suspension holders, a Power HD LW20 20kg servo and aluminium 12mm hex's for the hubs, have been waiting for the steel 49t spur gear for a couple months now because running this thing for extended periods on a 3S pack is not possible, it just melts the plastic spur gears, even the hardened acetal ones, especially at a 50C discharge rate, no matter what I do, it spins up all 4 wheels, even from a rolling start at half throttle and on grass... It just sits there doing a 4 wheel burn out while the rear tyres are reaching for the wing, speaking of tyres, I'm going to need some new ones.

eBay has the RW 49t hardened steel spur gear, but Ur going to need the pinion to match it, think modelsport still has the pinion in stock 

53 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

eBay has the RW 49t hardened steel spur gear, but Ur going to need the pinion to match it, think modelsport still has the pinion in stock 

I already have the pinion fitted to match the pitch of the acetal version of the 49t spur gear.

Edited by Gari_Ferret

34 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

The bumper sticking out a bit much is a gods send m8 as the times it's just bounced off things where old bumper it been scrap or broken parts . 

Yup defo is a god send, but it's the chassis that's broken now, got a Ali on order anyway so be back out Saturday lol 

25 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Yup defo is a god send, but it's the chassis that's broken now, got a Ali on order anyway so be back out Saturday lol 

Hi you hit the wheel section to snap the chassis .   I did the last week  missed the bumper hit the wheel (at speed ) and snapped the chassis  which a pain but cheap . 

12 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

Hi you hit the wheel section to snap the chassis .   I did the last week  missed the bumper hit the wheel (at speed ) and snapped the chassis  which a pain but cheap . 

Yup showin off to my brother in law, as the Dumbo with gyro across gravel is awesome an went a bit too fast into a post, literally jus put the Ali front arms an everythin onto it too, was the 3rd battery through it on the brand new plastic chassis 🤦🤣🤣 Ali chassis should be here tomoz/Saturday so not all bad, and iv got a spare diff case so gona rebuild it Saturday afternoon lol 

22 hours ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Yup showin off to my brother in law, as the Dumbo with gyro across gravel is awesome an went a bit too fast into a post, literally jus put the Ali front arms an everythin onto it too, was the 3rd battery through it on the brand new plastic chassis 🤦🤣🤣 Ali chassis should be here tomoz/Saturday so not all bad, and iv got a spare diff case so gona rebuild it Saturday afternoon lol 

I done that lol . But I have 2 carnages  one has alloy arms other standard and iv crashed both  almost in identical crashes and the alloy one has snapped the chassis and the plastic just flipped front over back  and disnt snap the chassis  which is why I only have one out of 4 cars with alloy arms   .

As it's been said on here  ones you beef up one part the force is transferred to the next weakest part    in this (my case )  arms to chassis .where the other car it just went thro the while car that's how it just flipped head over toe . ( I guess that's what happens) .

2 hours ago, Iain .R said:

I done that lol . But I have 2 carnages  one has alloy arms other standard and iv crashed both  almost in identical crashes and the alloy one has snapped the chassis and the plastic just flipped front over back  and disnt snap the chassis  which is why I only have one out of 4 cars with alloy arms   .

As it's been said on here  ones you beef up one part the force is transferred to the next weakest part    in this (my case )  arms to chassis .where the other car it just went thro the while car that's how it just flipped head over toe . ( I guess that's what happens) .

Yup it's understandable that it goes to the next breakable part, that's why I'm goin Ali chassis, top plate will be the next bit I reakon or the diffs, possibly the motor will give up quicker lol but there's not goin to be much to break soon, hopefully with Ali everything it's heavier so won't want to flip as much but only time will tell lol, having soo much fun with my nitro ATM so kinda not bothered about the carnage lol had it racing a 3speed savage x an running rings around it earlier.. well until the savage pull start broke 😂🤣😂🤠 both my trucks are bargain bucket jobs and last soo much longer than, traxxas and hpi put together. Will be stayin well away from them na jus buyin FTX and Carson from now on 

• Like 2

Well the carnage is finally finished, didn realise but iv blown the gears up in the original servo so had to switch it out for the acoms lol but should be ready to rock tomoz providing the battery's are charged 🤠 

The pic is of it nearly complete jus missing the bumper an gear cover, I also found out the 2 pins on the Ali chassis can be removed so happy days

IMG_20210925_194039.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Well the carnage is finally finished, didn realise but iv blown the gears up in the original servo so had to switch it out for the acoms lol but should be ready to rock tomoz providing the battery's are charged 🤠 

The pic is of it nearly complete jus missing the bumper an gear cover, I also found out the 2 pins on the Ali chassis can be removed so happy days

IMG_20210925_194039.jpg

That Ali chassis does look the dogs danglies, definitely going to upgrade to one when I get a chance.

36 minutes ago, Ratty McRaticus said:

That Ali chassis does look the dogs danglies, definitely going to upgrade to one when I get a chance.

IL get some more pics of it tomoz buddy, but it does look awesome especially with the rest of the blue ali bits lol I would say to put the battery on some verlcro pads if u got them, as it slides about a bit an the pads help keep it in place lol 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

IL get some more pics of it tomoz buddy, but it does look awesome especially with the rest of the blue ali bits lol I would say to put the battery on some verlcro pads if u got them, as it slides about a bit an the pads help keep it in place lol 

I've found the battery in my brushed Carnage can be a pain in the bum sometimes too,  I've bought some velcro straps to put in ...cheap and cheerful lol

16326027632065518138040266601721.jpg

20210925_220149.jpg

Edited by Ratty McRaticus
Added extra photo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ratty McRaticus said:

I've found the battery in my brushed Carnage can be a pain in the bum sometimes too,  I've bought some velcro straps to put in ...cheap and cheerful lol

16326027632065518138040266601721.jpg

20210925_220149.jpg

they look wkd buddy, im jus using the velcro bits off those magic fly screens 🤣🤣 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

they look wkd buddy, im jus using the velcro bits off those magic fly screens 🤣🤣 

Love a bit of repurposing 🤩 I grabbed the straps on a whim when I was in wilko tbh 😁

12 hours ago, Ratty McRaticus said:

Love a bit of repurposing 🤩 I grabbed the straps on a whim when I was in wilko tbh 😁

Gotta be done sometimes, will keep an eye out for those straps next time I'm in Wilko's tho they look handy.. plus I'm like a magpie an like coloured things that I'm sure I can find a purpose for 🤦🤣🤣 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Madmoz7610 said:

IMG_20210925_194039.jpg

What steering arms are those m8 as they look nice and chunky .  

15 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

What steering arms are those m8 as they look nice and chunky .  

If u mean the servo saver it's this one pictured buddy, or the blue turnbuckle things they were 18 on eBay, impulse buy but do look wkd, jus have more wobble than the standard ones lol 

Screenshot_2021-09-10-15-23-29-943_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

4 hours ago, Iain .R said:

Hi no sorry wrong part m8 . It's the steering  linkage I was on about and I just found them on ebay . They look nice and chunky.  Cheers 

They look the part, if u buy them, measure against Ur current ones an lock tight them before fitting, they work themselves loose after a few runs otherwise