• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

9 hours ago, eatthis said:

so the hyper sse motor mount is a straight fit on thge st? presumably the hyper 8.5 aswell then?

yes

Complete build thread is HERE:

http://content.screencast.com/users/sputnikkk13/folders/Jing/media/4d97cecd-8084-4318-98bc-0cba94db18cc/2015-04-16_0834.png

2015-04-16_0836.png

2015-04-16_0834.png

Edited by sputnik
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, evssv said:
3 hours ago, sputnik said:

thanks for that mate

Edited by eatthis
reasons

fixed the drive shaft :)  stripped it out of the car completely then hammered it perfectly straight so theres no wobble at all now.

while testing it i lost a bloody wheelnut and nearly broke my flippin leg with it too lol

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, locky said:

Interesting they claim there for the neo and VE - so budget range.  I used Hong Nor big bores on mine, and despite working great on the H7 on the ST Pro they allowed just a little  too much upward travel and I was forever popping the driveshaft out the cup on the front diffs.  Most annoying as they we're great.

Whether these would work you'd need to check total length and amount of travel (though that can be adjusted a little with limiting cables etc).  They look pricey to me considering plastic bodies.  other than having plastic adjusting rings you might be better off considering Hyper SS shocks - the ebay breakers will prob have a glut of them soon now the VS is about.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, The Hound said:

just an extra hole needed in chassis?

countersink it and use a nut and bolt to match. Sorted ?

The chassis holes line up with the lower brace holes but the front upper brace hole does not line up with hole in shock tower, and the tower is too low pushing down on the brace. which doesnt sit flat on chassis.

Nothing appears bent or out of line/position.

So best option is to cut the plastic shock tower and drill new hole.

Thought these parts were meant to be a direct replacement.

12 minutes ago, locky said:

After looking further the Pro front brace is taller at the front by about 3mm, with the holes lining up, so will cut the plastic tower to fit.

dosent the pro braces mount to the centre ally plate bit u don't get on the stock st???or am I way off......

2015-04-16_0836.png

Edited by evssv

Removed plastic material on shock tower on underside and now Pro front brace sits flat and holes line up. 

So conclude that the Pro front brace is not a direct fit on ST RTR with plastic shock tower, but you can mod the tower to make it fit without any major problems.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, locky said:

Does anyone know what pinion size range you can use with the motor mount from mfp using a 52T spur? The SSe motor mount restricts use of bigger pinions like 18T

Do you have his original or slightly bigger revision?

With his original the biggest I fitted was a 20T, though an aquaintance said they got a 21t on.  Pic below is with the 20t I believe (though not in an ST, it's the same mount and the ST's centre diff):

11256283_816531255063370_601393774_o.jpg

• Like 1