• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

You say you bought the mount from RC Monster,I have just tried to register but I can't get in,even tried to contact the administrator but still no joy? How did you get in?

Cheers.

I wouldn't get the RC monster mount - as mfp's custom mounts are out of stock the next best is the Hyper SS electric mount - under

• Like 1

You say you bought the mount from RC Monster,I have just tried to register but I can't get in,even tried to contact the administrator but still no joy? How did you get in?

Cheers.

no...I went with the mfp one in the end ..I did bodge a hoboa E buggy one on but it didn't last long....my boys hyper runs a ss m ount and its fine...easy adjustable... Edited by evssv

Got a link mate?

mfp has not made any more yet...not to sure when he will b...drop him a pm on here...d`ho!the ss one....these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyper-ST-Hyper-7-HOBAO-HYPER-7-8-ST-SS-BRUSHLESS-CONVERSION-MOTOR-MOUNT-/221878717904?hash=item33a9008dd0

or..can find thew ss mount..rc will power normally got em...

Edited by evssv

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie to this site please advise.

I have rebuilt a hyper 21 3 port engine on my hyper st truggy. I'm really struggling to tune it. When it idles and you rev the engine it revs really fast for ages until it slows down. Once it slows down then at times it just stalls. Then it's a mission to get it started again whilst the engine is hot. Any suggestions please

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have rebuilt a hyper 21 3 port engine on my hyper st truggy. I'm really struggling to tune it. When it idles and you rev the engine it revs really fast for ages until it slows down. Once it slows down then at times it just stalls. Then it's a mission to get it started again whilst the engine is hot. Any suggestions please

Yep,sling the nitro and go electric!;)

• 1 month later...

I found an image which shows that a Life receiver battery fits.

I was trying to ask what's the difference between a V2 battery box and a V1 version.

Is the radio try which comes with a V2 battery box identical to the standard version, ie. is there only one radio tray. 

ebytubyr.jpg 

Any engine that is difficult to tune and keep running is symptomatic of many issues.

1. fuel line pin holes or tears - leaking air?

2. fuel tank not sealed properly

3. Carb sealed up properly?

4. Notorious for front bearing air leaks as well in these - after theyve been run a bit.

5. Are you running a pullstart?  I never will  -always a bump/starter box for my nitros.  Airleaks from pull and rotostarts wreak havoc on tuning and over heating.

Next after those are tested ...

What glow plug are you running?  McCoys MC9 in my hyper mills is what I run exclusively.

How many headshims did you put on when you rebuilt?

Fuel Nitro %

A nitro engine that runs funky until it gets hot is usually indicative of a worn out Piston and Sleeve.  Ther ewill be enough pinch when the metals are cold to get it to run erratically ... but when they get up to running temps, the pinch fades as the metals expand and it dies easy and often.  You said it was rebuilt ... more details on if you replaced piston sleeve etc ...

I wouldn't get the RC monster mount - as mfp's custom mounts are out of stock the next best is the Hyper SS electric mount - under

I just replaced the last RC Monster Hyper electric motor mounts I had with the Orange Hyper SS mounts from Hobao.  Much better design.  I love rc monster products in general - but the hyper mount on my Hyper ST Pro Short Course gave up the ghost - screws slipped loose and it chewed a $19 pinion gear that was hard to find and banged up a $26 spur gear on a 6 bolt Hyper 8-Gear Spider Center diff ... about $50 .... plus the new mount lesson.  Been running the Hobao Hyper SS mounts on my electric hyper 7s worry free for a while now.

IMHO - well worth the few extra duckets for a mount that will secure the motor and prevent costly damages.

Hey guys, I just swapped out the standard st front diff for a spider diff and it seems that the gears aren't meshing properly. Upon further inspection the spider diff crown gear seems to be about 1.5-2mm further away from the drive gear than the standard one. Would this just be a case of shinning the drive gear or would it be better to just put back the rebuilt standard???

Hey guys, I just swapped out the standard st front diff for a spider diff and it seems that the gears aren't meshing properly. Upon further inspection the spider diff crown gear seems to be about 1.5-2mm further away from the drive gear than the standard one. Would this just be a case of shinning the drive gear or would it be better to just put back the rebuilt standard???

Different because the Spider is from a buggy and has a different no. of teeth?  

i had same problem, ended up having to put Hyper 7 pinions in, and increasing tooth count on centre diff. They wont mesh properly with the hyper st pinions. I have spider diffs front centre and back.

Wouldnt  recommend changing just 1 pinion for front diff either as i think it would cause problems. Unless you put a spider diff in the back with a hyper 7 pinion too.

Someone correct me if im wrong here, but that was the case for me. The spider diffs are a different pitch to the ST pinions. ( if pitch being the correct term ? ) But mine just chewed up the hyper ST pinions even with shimming.

Edited by Huktonfonics

Not exacyl sure what the issue could be ... however I put together this gearing chart from manuals I downloaded from OFNA and other mfg's websites - as a quick reference for mixing and matching Hong Nor - Hobao and Kyosho, which can be interchangeable.

2015-11-04_2123.png

This crown is what ya want with the 8 Gear Spiders [ alum case ]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyper-7-Parts-43T-Crown-Gear-w-O-ring-87343G-RC-WillPower-Hobao-Spider-Diff-/310901178457?hash=item4863278059:g:OI4AAOSwjVVVhWz4

Here's the proper 11T Pinion

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HoBao-Pinion-gear-11T-Hyper-ST-86002-/281459127901?hash=item418845765d:m:mLAI1l5afkyDTu_ydiAIrsQ

The buggy and truggy crown gears - to my knowledge were same 43T tooth count.  The pinions are different between the buggy and truck.

Hyper ST Pro Truggy - 11T pinion

Hyper 7/8 Buggy - 13T pinion

Make certain you have a "hobao" pinion - not a jammin or a kyosho - if you picked up the car 2nd hand some guys have been known to swap / intechange stuff in a pinch.

i had same problem, ended up having to put Hyper 7 pinions in, and increasing tooth count on centre diff. They wont mesh properly with the hyper st pinions. I have spider diffs front centre and back.

Wouldnt  recommend changing just 1 pinion for front diff either as i think it would cause problems. Unless you put a spider diff in the back with a hyper 7 pinion too.

Someone correct me if im wrong here, but that was the case for me. The spider diffs are a different pitch to the ST pinions. ( if pitch being the correct term ? ) But mine just chewed up the hyper ST pinions even with shimming.

Not exacyl sure what the issue could be ... however I put together this gearing chart from manuals I downloaded from OFNA and other mfg's websites - as a quick reference for mixing and matching Hong Nor - Hobao and Kyosho, which can be interchangeable.

2015-11-04_2123.png

This crown is what ya want with the 8 Gear Spiders [ alum case ]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyper-7-Parts-43T-Crown-Gear-w-O-ring-87343G-RC-WillPower-Hobao-Spider-Diff-/310901178457?hash=item4863278059:g:OI4AAOSwjVVVhWz4

Here's the proper 11T Pinion

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HoBao-Pinion-gear-11T-Hyper-ST-86002-/281459127901?hash=item418845765d:m:mLAI1l5afkyDTu_ydiAIrsQ

The buggy and truggy crown gears - to my knowledge were same 43T tooth count.  The pinions are different between the buggy and truck.

Hyper ST Pro Truggy - 11T pinion

Hyper 7/8 Buggy - 13T pinion

Make certain you have a "hobao" pinion - not a jammin or a kyosho - if you picked up the car 2nd hand some guys have been known to swap / intechange stuff in a pinch.

cheers guys, think I'll just stick with stock fr/rr diffs. It's running a spider centre mod 1 pinny and spur. Just thought that as I had a a spider front I would change it as they're both 43t. Was gonna get another 43t crown for my other spider for the rear but Shall not now.

Thinking about making my ST Pro brushless and have read up, plan to use 4S only. I've the 52T spur on the spider diff so believe it's best to go smaller like 47T to allow more pinion choice and speed. Is the Hyper 7 lightweight part H87237 the correct one?

Thinking about making my ST Pro brushless and have read up, plan to use 4S only. I've the 52T spur on the spider diff so believe it's best to go smaller like 47T to allow more pinion choice and speed. Is the Hyper 7 lightweight part H87237 the correct one?

No, stick with the 52t unless your getting a good (4082+) lower KV motor - I ran mine on 4S with the 52t and never found it lacking on the track.  By dropping teeth on the spur to increase teeth on the pinion your really ramping the load up, which will increase amps and your risking pushing your 120a 4S esc too much.

If your after more speed then 5S really wakes a Truggy up, regardless the difference in price between a 120a 4S esc and 150a 6S isn;t huge and is a worthwhile investment imo.

• Like 1

No, stick with the 52t unless your getting a good (4082+) lower KV motor - I ran mine on 4S with the 52t and never found it lacking on the track.  By dropping teeth on the spur to increase teeth on the pinion your really ramping the load up, which will increase amps and your risking pushing your 120a 4S esc too much.

Ok, will stick with 52T spur. Looking at a 2000kv motor. What pinion size is a good starting point for general bashing?

Is the orange Hyper SS motor mount the only choice? I dont like the orange colour!

• Like 1