• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

Losi tray all the way - tried to link one from JEmodels but my phone hates that site for some reason?!

You will have to drill the chassis which is pretty easy - although I will say, don't bother doing it in the kitchen, around dinner time with the truggy and drill on the floor, kids running around and your other half wishing you were dead because you'd picked the most ridiculous time and place to fit a battery tray to the chassis... it's just not worth it and you'll probably drill a hole or two in slightly the wrong place...

Just saying....

ha...yes...I have developed the concept of Guerilla Tinkering...sneaky odd jobs done and then stowed away ..secreted about the house..

My pre bash prep started at 6.50 am yesterday ! kids were happy pottering with mrs in back garden...a  rare luxury of getting set up in daylight...and not dog tired from the day's events !

Will have a googley for a UK Losi tray in stock....thanks for the tip..

Pro chassis braces worth it ? and I think I saw some sort of sexy chrome plate that goes on the front bulkhead where it joins the chassis etc...

is this bling or useful ?

I dont do bling...I'm too old and stuffy  :shockingscary:

I would say yes, get a proper rear chassis brace - the rod that your one has isn't even stock on the rtr version

The front upper plate - you'd have to get a new gearbox too as the ST rtr version is an all in one jobby (I think)

THE NITRO HYPER ST LIVES!!! WOOHOO!

I forgot how bloody loud nitro was!

Gonna strip it and get some new diff oil in as the front wheels were ballooning massively from not particularly fast speeds :/

Having this nitro means I'm gonna have to get some of my own nitro fuel and glow plugs now (been using my brothers stuff lol)

Can any 1 advise me on some better brakes or the 1s there running Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What servo are you using and are you running a 6v receiver pack?

It might just need the linkages adjusting as well

Maz you are a weirdo but I still luv u :thumbsup:

The colours are more or less the same!!!

Edited by MAZ

So are my balls and arse crack but don't want to post pics of those ? :tease:

If thats the case then I really do think a rapid drive over to A&E is needed...

• Like 1

Has anyone suffered with massively out of balance wheels? what can it be?

Its gradually getting worse.

If the foams have got real wet a few times they could be coming apart real good quality barely used wheels and tyres can be had on the bay for 25 a set that's all I ever buy. Other thing is check your driveshafts for straightness

Cheers for help, i have a spare pair so cheap option will be to buy another pair.

i always keep my driveshafts straight at work by placing in lathe chuck and truing up. saves me a fortune!!