• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST Owners Thread

new member of the st club got a nitro version got a couple of questions :

how long does your tank of fuel last?

and how well does your st stop

im still in the process of getting it to run right (per other thread) but wondered if there is a brake test ie if the brakes are on full if you push it by hand/foot should the wheels still rotate or should they be locked

The brakes as standard are pretty poor on the ST.

I would recommend a quad brake setup.

Tank run times are varied depending on how you drive but you should see a good 5-6 minutes quite easily.

got car running ok the top end speed is pretty much spot on although the initial acceleration is a bit weak would have kept tweaking but lost a bolt from the steering knuckle that connects the steering arm to it can you get these bolts on their own or are they part of a kit?

RC screws are nothing special,  just standard machine screws.

M3 x 16mm countersunk is will be what you are wanting to replace that screw...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-X-16MM-SOCKET-ALLEN-HEAD-COUNTERSUNK-SCREW-ZINC-CLEAR-GRADE-10-9-PACK-OF-10-/110968942244?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item19d643aea4

10.9 is pretty much the strongest you can get in countersunk form,  Zinc plated too for a bit o rust resistance.

Here is my st pro brushless,must admit these can take some serious abuse.

i have a sirius 2200kv motor fitted,mmm esc.

my mate also in the vid has castle 2200kv ,and mmm esc.

my sirius powered st seems to have the edge over the castle powered st.

enjoy  jabba. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPYctDhg6c&list=UU6d_aF4vl6qW0ew04foE7WA&index=4

I run mine on 4s mostly i've got one 5s lipo but havent had the chance to use it yet on the ST - the weather has been awful and on the one good day we had, I took it out and my GT3C tx died (have since done the on/off switch mod)

Hopefully having an afterwork bash on thursday :)

Had a quick after work bash with my Hyper ST with a 5s lipo... Very fast and very cool!

Just wanted to say how bloody robust the hyper st is! I landed every which way but on the wheels and nothing broke!!

Well, one of the tyres unglued itself but thats about all :)

Loving my truggy!

• Like 1

must admit the only thing i killed so far is the front body post.these can def take a beating.

i also lovin it maz.

I really want a new bashing shell - my ST one lets in so much crap! I've got a hotbodies D8T bulldog shell but I dont really want to use that until I get another one

The only problem is - i'm using mbx6t sideguards and they beef out the sides of the chassis. I might just get another D8T one but see if they do a leccy version (without the cooling head and fuel hole cut out)