• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

E Maxx vs E Revo vs Savage Flux HP

skuzzy12

So begins the save for a new car for the summer and i was just after some input on what you guys think.

I do already have a Savage XS and i'm swaying towards to Flux HP because the XS is pretty nukeable and i have always had great support from HPI on all my cars and they never seem to amaze me with help and free parts for replacements

But i hear alot of good things about Traxxas

Now i will more then likely be using only 2x3S batterys to have some fun with the baja and also to keep the 2S for my Savage XS

I was just wondering what car would run best with the 2x3S and what upgrades and parts are cheaper to replace if they get broken

I am aware the E Revo will handle better but i'm not really interested in that i'm more into jump bashing and having a laugh with backflips and after something that just laughs and bounces away

Sort of things i like doing will be shown with this video of my Savage XS

So any input on which to buy and reasons to prove this will be mostly helpful :)

Edited by skuzzy12

ah i always see a Revo VS savvy but never anything about the E maxx

Think i will go for the Flux HP. be fun to have a big and mini

Edited by skuzzy12

Hmm think it may be the Savage

I do like truggy's but not for what i do with them. The one thing i like about the E-revo is the 2 nimh that come with it for abit back up of extra fun.

So i'll start saving for the Savage. Cheers for the info's and opinions guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with savage being stronger, tougher than e-maxx. I had savvy 25 and I couldn't destroy it. My alloy handle in savage was soo squashed that was almost touching the engine when I was jumping from my skate park and accidentally landing straight on the roof several times.

e-maxx..... hmmm. I have lost connection with RX once and run in to a fence destroying bumper, shock towers etc. Savage XL with Mamba Monster is my dream car. Savage HP also awesome car to bash with.

Savvy for the win, not e-maxx.

Enjoy!!

for me it would be the erevo all the way!!!!

but i do have the mini erevo aswell and it is soo funny to see them togeather..... so if u have the xs savvy then i would get the savage flux hp!!! its funny as..... by the way all three af these cars will be backfliping on 3s lipo

HAVE FUN!!!! :)

sorry 2X3s lipo :)

This things HUGE! catching up with my Baja lol

Really impressed with the build quality on it also simple to setup and use as usual HP products

Only ran it on 2x2S so far and its ballistic quick just need more lipos! :thumbsup:

Heres some pictures with it next to my Savage XS

IMG_01671.jpg

IMG_01691.jpg

• Like 1

This things HUGE! catching up with my Baja lol

Really impressed with the build quality on it also simple to setup and use as usual HP products

Only ran it on 2x2S so far and its ballistic quick just need more lipos! :thumbsup:

Heres some pictures with it next to my Savage XS

enjoy mate they are loads of fun if i were you a couple of small mods to get out of the way that help are switch the battery boxes around to allow easy access to battery's also upgrade the shock screws that go through with these mine has been through hell and back and never bent a shock screw since. but with the standard ones i would bend one every bash. go for 45mm

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

9f84c64d.jpg?t=1334248271

78bdc8c4.jpg

also upgrade the the bumper screws they go break very easy just like the upgraded shock screws they are high tensile ones and are very strong. again aint broke one since

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_3288wt_906

2f8c0958.jpg

here is a comparison. high tensile LEFT. Standard one RIGHT

3d7fb8f5.jpg

Edited by itsme93

Cheers for the tips.

Took the beast out and its amazingly powerful so much fun i have not jumped it yet but looking forwards to it.

Only slight issue i had was the spur gear came loose but a little loctite should fix that

The thing is so easy to work on had the motor out in about 5mins :thumbsup:

I have been looking at that. Also thinking of big bore shocks of these ones can't cut it and set of alloy wheels because they do look like they improve the stability a lot

I would agree with savage being stronger, tougher than e-maxx. I had savvy 25 and I couldn't destroy it. My alloy handle in savage was soo squashed that was almost touching the engine when I was jumping from my skate park and accidentally landing straight on the roof several times.

e-maxx..... hmmm. I have lost connection with RX once and run in to a fence destroying bumper, shock towers etc. Savage XL with Mamba Monster is my dream car. Savage HP also awesome car to bash with.

Savvy for the win, not e-maxx.

Enjoy!!

I can think of a few that would disagree on the savage stronger than the e maxx bit. Come and prove it at tm bash. And yes thats fightin talk god damn it. Bet you savvy breaks before my maxx. Anyone man enough to bet Edited by rhyscrash
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wouldnt say that emaxx is stronger than savage. Had them both and savage never letme down except engine wouldnt start but this is a different story. Read my recent topic how to make emaxx stronger and you will know why. Pictures included.

Savage hp would be my best monster truck.

Tm bash.... I'm not going BUT my step son is and he might have by then savvy MM and you will compare maxx with the oposition.

All best.

Edited by Dadon

Cheers for the tips.

Took the beast out and its amazingly powerful so much fun i have not jumped it yet but looking forwards to it.

Only slight issue i had was the spur gear came loose but a little loctite should fix that

The thing is so easy to work on had the motor out in about 5mins :thumbsup:

what car are u talking about here? :)