• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bullitt engine

Shawn77

get a heat gun and use that, imo a hair drier doesnt get it hot enough.

alternativly you can buy the rc sure start which is in the for sale section

i have also heard of people putting a sock around the cool head to insulate it

Edited by revo madnesss

Have you tried undoing the glow plug a touch is your starter box got twin motors? make sure the piston is at bdc get the starter wheel spinning before pushing it right down just try get the head up to 200 degrees and persevere my alpha was a pig to break in it will go eventually

Breaking engines in was always a problem until I converted my starter box to LiPo.

But for now, heat the engine up as much as possible, loosen the glow plug a touch and make sure the piston is at BDC so the starter box has a little bit of momentum.

Edited by duopkik

the g3.0 are quite tight when new and stay so for a long time even after a good run in. i was comparing one of mine to a little used 3.5 big block the other day and there wasnt too much difference in force required to pull. Use a heat gun to get it nice and warm (from my experience they dont need to be heated for long when using a heat gun), then draw the fuel up to the carb. At which point you can drip a bit of fuel straight into the carb and then try to start it, or stick it on the box and for a split second cover the exhaust when running the starter just to get an ounce of fuel from the carb down to the engine. Check that the glowplug is in good nick, I have had a few that have failed from the start. Unscrew it and pulg it directly into the glow heater to be sure.