• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

R/C electric car brake lights, 4 red LED set

Ziggy122

Hey

Has any1 brought one of these?? R/C ELECTRIC CAR BRAKE LIGHTS, 4 RED LED SET

And do they even work??

cause i would of thought that when brakes it comes on, at idle it goes off

But when u press the accelerator, i would of thought it would activate them too?? or are they smarter then that??

i guess that they would plug into failsafe, which then the servo connects too the gadget

and i take this runs off the cars power???

Ziggy

it conects between the reciver and the servo but can be done with the failsafe too but may be a power strain tho and not a fast responce ether

just get 4 led's with a power switch to a 9v?

Would that be better???

I dont think nickin power out of the acc/brake servo, cause failsafe moans as soon as they get to about 50% charge left...

Ziggy

tbh i would say dont bother at all as using a battery puts on waight to the car and using the y cable does not do the power rating any good so hope you know what i meant lol

• 4 weeks later...

If you buy the number of leds you need, connect them to a 470 ohm resistor each then connect them to a power supply ie PP9 Battery via a micro switch, activated by your brake servo moving, youll get the same effect.

Thats what I did and they work fine....I even decided to run a series of leds across the front of my hummer body just like knight rider and it looks pretty funky in the dark!! rofl

Edited by CaptCaveman

If you buy the number of leds you need, connect them to a 470 ohm resistor each then connect them to a power supply ie PP9 Battery via a micro switch, activated by your brake servo moving, youll get the same effect.

Thats what I did and they work fine....I even decided to run a series of leds across the front of my hummer body just like knight rider and it looks pretty funky in the dark!! rofl

PICS PICS PICS

only three leds lit and moving

light3.jpg

all leds lit

light2.jpg

the back of the leds

light4.jpg

the pcb i built to get them to move

light1.jpg

(apologies for the poor quality but im an electrical engineer not a photographer :unsure: )

Edited by CaptCaveman