• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

thunder tiger dx brushless motors?

Yrkoon

hey guys i fitted proper shocks, 2.4ghz receiver and the brushless system out of a step up stinger to my drifter earlier. im finding the stingers motor to be very weak and there wasnt much drifting going on because of that :(

i dont want to get extra grunt and whack one of my 3s batterys into it incase the light unit blows up, and the motor is too weak on 2s, only reason i switched was because i wanted to use lipos over the brushed esc that came with it, so does any one know what kv range of motor would be suitable for a thunder tiger dx on 2s?

if worst comes to the worst i can take the 3250kv motor out of the durga and try that, but id rather buy a cheap brushless motor and use it on the stingers esc thats in my drifter and that leaves the durga intact :)

the car came with a brushed 17 turn motor :)

Edited by Yrkoon

17turn motor is roughly equal to a 3500kv BL motor ( 540 sized in each case ).

You do realise however that you can run lipos with any brushed esc and motor- all you need is a little Lipo monitor Alarm thingy from ebay which sounds a loud buzzer when the voltage drops too low on the lipos- just plug it into the balance connector, program it for ~3.4v per cell ( if it's adjustable ) & away you go....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8S-Lipo-LiMn-Battery-Tester-Low-Voltage-Buzzer-Alarm-/251005684580?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a711acb64

Like so...

cheers for the info :) yeh i know about alarms but id rather use a esc with a cut off :) looks like i might be buying a ezrun motor or taking the durgas after all if 17 turns is same as 3500 the durgas motor is 3250 so close plus im not using the durga at the moment its too high maintenance compared to my thunder tiger xxb :)

second question what are good places to buy cheap brushless motors in the 3500kv range? hehe only reason im wanting to leave the brushless system in durga alone is because i think dad might be planning on buying a savage xxs kit and then he can use that in it, i basically gave him the durga and said u like high maintenance here have a leccy that needs more maintenance than ur nitros lol :)

Edited by Yrkoon