• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how good do you think losi is doing?

BexonBoy123

Ok losi has had their bad points and their good points but these days there making mire reliable cars which you can bash loads more then a losi speed t! the motors and esc's have been getting better as well :) my losi 22 rtr which i got for Christmas with a overlander 2s hardcase lipo, it hasn't broken even though ive been bashing it like hell and jumping over jumps about 6 foot in height and 6 foot in length. I've had loads of crashes but its still running perfect! have you had a losi and it broke all the time? or have you had a losi and it hasn't broken once yet? THIS IS MY FIRST EVER POST :hahadance:

i know someone with the losi sct which is a good strong basher however all the people i know who have run losi electronics have all had failures in a variety of cars, as much as i like the cars i personally would avoid the electronics and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

i must say the 22 looks like a great bit of kit =]

Edited by norcoforever
  • Like 1

Hi. The mlst2's an awful truck.When I ordered mine from a lhs, they sent the mlst out twice! I knackered the servo's sliding it round a gravel carpark :/ . Losi refuse to take any responsibility for their crap truck too :( . Waste of money !

Ive got a losi 8ight 2.0 rtr as my first purchace into nitro AND buggies so I cant really compare it to anything else but Im well chuffed with it. It had a couple of faults with it when I got it, some of the leads in the receiver were plugged in the wrong way round and the wheels were loose, and after 3 weeks the throttle servo packed up, so in the whole scheme of things its been pretty darn good concidering ive spanked a kerb VERY hard in the ice and hit afew trees sending it into a crazy roll/spin/twist with double loop, and the worst thing that happened was i bent my shiny new integy bumper on the kerb and adjusted the tracking slightly, NOTHING has ever broken or come loose and it still goes as straight as a die (after adjustment). I cant fault it and I dont think I could ever find a reason to buy anything esle, im just going to keep upgrading this one, not that it really needs it, I just want too. :thumbsup:

Ive got a losi 8ight 2.0 rtr as my first purchace into nitro AND buggies so I cant really compare it to anything else but Im well chuffed with it. It had a couple of faults with it when I got it, some of the leads in the receiver were plugged in the wrong way round and the wheels were loose, and after 3 weeks the throttle servo packed up, so in the whole scheme of things its been pretty darn good concidering ive spanked a kerb VERY hard in the ice and hit afew trees sending it into a crazy roll/spin/twist with double loop, and the worst thing that happened was i bent my shiny new integy bumper on the kerb and adjusted the tracking slightly, NOTHING has ever broken or come loose and it still goes as straight as a die (after adjustment). I cant fault it and I dont think I could ever find a reason to buy anything esle, im just going to keep upgrading this one, not that it really needs it, I just want too. :thumbsup:

well thats good i was thinking for getting a nirto! well the 8ight t 2.0 rtr it looks awesome, just like your buggy :) nice to know it doesnt break that much.

With the shunts mine has had I would have expected it to break, and if it had I wouldnt have complained. Id rather take it to the limit and past the limit and break it than not take it to its limit at all. As it seems, I can take it past its limit, crash it, hit things, and it carries on. Cant recomend them enough. The only problem I had as a beginner was starting it up to break it in as the pinch was so tight, since then its been spot on. When I was deciding what to go for I looked at various buggies and truggies in action on youtube and it was between the losi 8 and 8T. The 8 won simply because I prefer the look of the buggies, , truggies look more stable tho.

With the shunts mine has had I would have expected it to break, and if it had I wouldnt have complained. Id rather take it to the limit and past the limit and break it than not take it to its limit at all. As it seems, I can take it past its limit, crash it, hit things, and it carries on. Cant recomend them enough. The only problem I had as a beginner was starting it up to break it in as the pinch was so tight, since then its been spot on. When I was deciding what to go for I looked at various buggies and truggies in action on youtube and it was between the losi 8 and 8T. The 8 won simply because I prefer the look of the buggies, , truggies look more stable tho.

yer its the same sort of thing with my losi 22, ive crashed it so many times but it hasn't broken yet which im surprised about :thumbsup: yer i have all electric cars right now but as i said i wouldn't mind getting a losi 8ight 2.0 rtr! yer the truggy will be more stable but i think id prefer the buggy overall :hahadance:

i must admit the lost 5t is the one car i would chop in my baja for its such a beast, losi really did pull out all the stops, though there were some issues with the first few delivered but still a great truck =]

lol yer it would :xd: isnt it bigger than the baja as well? you can get a buggy convertation <--- spelling fail! for it now :sweeeet: lol but its like

its a lot bigger than the baja and seems to need a few bits doing eg braces, servo and bigger engines but other than that seems to be a properly impressive bits of kit

there were some issues i believe with the clutches, or certainly something engine related twas on the forum actually

i thought it was :) yer the engine is a bit small since the car weights like 20 tons :D oh the clutches lol a pretty serious problem to me!

Losi's are mostly used for racing so its interesting to find out what its like used as a bashing model i'd personally not recommend bashing a racing model because thats not what there designed for, as its a rtr i suspect it will be built more towards the bashing side of things. Good to know its stood up to the abuse and is asking for more lol :)

Losi's are mostly used for racing so its interesting to find out what its like used as a bashing model i'd personally not recommend bashing a racing model because thats not what there designed for, as its a rtr i suspect it will be built more towards the bashing side of things. Good to know its stood up to the abuse and is asking for more lol :)

When I bought it i didnt really know much about them at all, I never intended to drive it in too trees and such, but it hasnt done it any harm. the beauty of it is that if anything does bend or break all the parts are easily available and standard stuff is suprisingly cheap. To fully apreciate how well built they are you really need to handle one I guess, tho i cant compare it to anything else. I bought one with the intention of racing it if I enjoyed the hobby enough and bashing (more thashing, less bashing intended) to start with. I only based my purchase on what I saw in videos, and I really honestly feel that I got it right, on many levels.

When I bought it i didnt really know much about them at all, I never intended to drive it in too trees and such, but it hasnt done it any harm. the beauty of it is that if anything does bend or break all the parts are easily available and standard stuff is suprisingly cheap. To fully apreciate how well built they are you really need to handle one I guess, tho i cant compare it to anything else. I bought one with the intention of racing it if I enjoyed the hobby enough and bashing (more thashing, less bashing intended) to start with. I only based my purchase on what I saw in videos, and I really honestly feel that I got it right, on many levels.

There are allot of models out there that fit all different driving styles and intentions you based your purchase on your research very well losi are among the top manufacturers and the car you got y the sounds of it is fit for bashing/thrashing and racing when your ready for that step :)