• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Baja 5SCe Brushless - El Beasto \m/

Noj

Makes sense, as a larger system can cope with the larger currents, providing gearing is right. This is where I have kinda come unstuck in the past but am getting gearing clearer in my head :thumbsup:

Accepting that (in Neil's eyes) Clive has showboated his Baja to the max, then it would be a shame not to have it up and running??? :tease:

yep...

not exactly an ass whooping, but thats running my "everywhere" gearing and lipos...

got another cell to add if i really wanna destroy ;)

I've.......er........given in to peer pressure. Oopsie.

• Like 1

we do :) but i cant bash till next month now :(

Out of interest, whats the spec list on you baja? got a link to the build?

It all started here, not much technical info, but some pics of it coming to life.

haha just finished :P

why havent you uploaded a video of it? ;)

where are your pictures? ;)

Really nice spec tho... really really nice :)

Mines getting there... almost ready to bash and not worry about it :D

When your's back up and running... you gonna go big? we need some tandem BL baja Jumping ;)

haha just finished :P

why havent you uploaded a video of it? ;)

where are your pictures? ;)

Really nice spec tho... really really nice :)

Mines getting there... almost ready to bash and not worry about it :D

When your's back up and running... you gonna go big? we need some tandem BL baja Jumping ;)

You've not seen this? I'm offended!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gexRF4L5os

Well done Clive, you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Very nice Baja you have too, far too good to sit indoors watching Jeremy Kyle and eating choccies.......

I've decided to go castle guys, I feel more confident in their ability not to give magic smoke away, motors are readily available (unless Clive got the last one lol) and the esc won't take an age to get here.....PLUS, at the price of the castle kit, you can also almost do 2 for the price of one, at least, that's what I told Deb last night having bought Harveys Baja on a whim to possibly convert to BL in due course........it is for Deb of course, tho she seems to think 1/24 is big enough for her at the mo..... :xd:

Feeling much happier about progressing now, thanks very much indeed Chaps; I'm sure other odd questions will pop up.....

hope the weather perks up Clive, cats and dogs here it is. I'm jealous!!!!

BTW, noticed that you also have the Mecatech front brakes, but seem to be using a different front hub - any idea which hub it is? I ask as I just don't believe the fitting destructions that come with the brakes ie just sliding the rotor onto the stock hub and then the caliper holds this in place whilst the wheels rotate??? Seems like an expensive accident waiting to happen...

hope the weather perks up Clive, cats and dogs here it is. I'm jealous!!!!

BTW, noticed that you also have the Mecatech front brakes, but seem to be using a different front hub - any idea which hub it is? I ask as I just don't believe the fitting destructions that come with the brakes ie just sliding the rotor onto the stock hub and then the caliper holds this in place whilst the wheels rotate??? Seems like an expensive accident waiting to happen...

Ah, no, the brakes were removed before I got the car. Sorry, can't help with that one. A thread in the petrol section might be a better bet as they're all large scale owners.

Yeah, peeing down here too.

Waiting just got too much I see, nice one :thumbsup:

Was gonna surprise you lot, but hey Ho. I can't afford it really, but its been sat idle for about a month now, which is way too long.