• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carnage or Bullet ST Flux?

yeleek

Hi,

I currently have a XL5 Stampede which i've upgraded and made various changes to.

I'd like to get another quicker/4wd/offroader...

I like what I see in both of these, possible the fact that there are more hop ups available for the FTX is a point in its favour above the Bullet.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-carnage-1-10-4wd-brushless-truggy-rtr/rc-car-products/40397

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-bullet-st-flux-rtr/rc-car-categories/18/9900/990010&ChassisID=706

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks

Id choose the bullet anyday:

Firstly its hpi as so will have good after-market and part support, hpi back there products.

Its a better rc, the bullet is a nitro convertsion style rc and as sutch it will be stronger, and handle better due to low down weight.

The bullet needs fewer or no upgrades out of the box, unlike the ftx whitch is lightly to need servos etc replaced (if your going to bash it anyway).

To be honest I've had a bullet thought it was good like but it broke to often

I do like the look of ftx always liked their stuff... go for it

:thumbsup:

Also looks like there are some good hop ups

edit: look at the price of the bullet, you could spend the money on hop ups for the ftx if need be

Edited by ExtremelySavage

the bullet is fast and handles really well .......but its weak in lots of areas

diff gears ,shock towers ,c hubs to name a few and there are no upgrades to sort them out :shockingscary:

hpi warranty is great but parts are expensive

i loved my bullet ....but i would not recommend one!

I would buy the carnage as i received it for christmas and you get everything you need in the box. It has various hops ups and upgrades and for the price it is very reasonable. FTX is not that well known but is growing fast in popularity, they supply quality products at great prices.

Although i would recommend upgrading the charger

-Speed 50mph plus on 3s

-Reliable I have yet to break mine after giving it some abuse. Check out the firestorm thread they just don't fail

-Hop ups you don't really need any except maybe t Bone bumpers as these make it bullet proof, but there are plenty out there

Dave :)