• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Merv Durability

MintyUK

Morning all

Just wondered how you found the durability of the merv. I seem to spend more time fixing mine than actually using the thing! I have broken something everytime I have taken it out :(

Its beginning to annoy me now (especially as the parts aren't the cheapest) and I'm thinking of changing cars. Arms have been fine since I changed to RPM but this time I broke the rear posts and one of the drive arm things

Any thoughts? or recommendations? I want to stay the same scale or thereabouts...

I dont know what you are doing if you keep breaking it all the time ;) if you think that parts for the merv are expensive dont know what else you would get as the spares are cheap compared to alot of the other makes.

You could try some bumpers from TBone Racing maybe or stop hitting large things and learn to land the big jumps :P (just kidding )

thanks guys, I have RPM front and back bumpers and so far I haven't snapped the fron body mount which I have done about 2 or 3 times previously.

I suppose using it in the skatepark doesn't help :). I broke the rear body mount on a spine ramp... the problem is I like hitting the ramps hard and getting some airtime!

Pretty new to RC apart from the old days so no idea on part prices really. Perhaps I should tone down the abuse I dish out to it... I wonder if having the prolines and dirthawgs on are an issue.. I'll try stock wheels next time.

It is fun though!

Edited by MintyUK

Many moons ago, my brother used to race 1/10 scale buggies. As he was too you to maintain it, I was his "pit man". that old Schumacer Cat 2000 was damn near indestructible!

Fast forward a few years (okay 15ish) and I have just introduced my son to RC courtesy of the traxxas merv.

Comparatively, (if you can compare? Different scal and truck vs buggy lol) the Merv seems kinda delicate. It really does need some money spent on select upgrades to make it bashworthy (circa