• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

any1 from birmingham

raff113

I run my nitro indoors aswell

But the Mrs wasn't happy when I got fuel all over the carpet

Bin up there and broke my baja!! its not the best up there at all to be honest, bricks have been chucked on the track, half of it has be flooded aswell!!

Well its been pouring down for the whole week, seen the big puddles, bricks and branches thrown down by some muppets. Used the flatter dryer side of the area but got caught out by some misleading bumps and had big air multiple cartwheels. Luckly not broken anything other than small crack in the shell. Think I am going to stick with onroad for a while now.

• 3 weeks later...

Would i be able to race/ bash my 1/10 Traxxas Revo over Oak Park or is it strictly Baja's Might have a visit

Would i be able to race/ bash my 1/10 Traxxas Revo over Oak Park or is it strictly Baja's Might have a visit

If you want to race or bash try aston arena on wednesday evenings about 6.00. Its all indoor with amb lap timing, transponders are provided. Couple of guys came down last week with the traxxas short course trucks. revos

and raced.

Other guys including me will be racing our losi mini 8's.

Cost

Oh ok, I'll have a look where this Aston Arena is and if it's not too far out, I'll check it out. So they only race Baja's over Oak Park then?

Will pop down one of the Sundays then. I've got a brushless truck so will be interesting to see how it fairs against the nitro's ;)

Oh ok, I'll have a look where this Aston Arena is and if it's not too far out, I'll check it out. So they only race Baja's over Oak Park then?

http://www.astonarenaraceway.com/findus.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i live in four oaks and ive just found this thread and i was amazed at how many people on this forum live in brum.

i bash alot and i am part of the 'DILLIGAF bashers' with some other friends

but i went to sutton park town gate and was bashing there it was good until the park ranger told us to pi$$ off

but i would like to visit dobank or oak park but what is the nitro turn out like? and where is oak park?

Your not to far from me. Doe bank had been sort of a no go area due to complaints but some of my guys have been still using the area on odd days. Where as before it was about 10 or more basher all on the same day. There is Oak park location but I prefer the grounds and layout of Doe Bank plus its closer to home.

Some of us now get together behind aston arena with our large scale car or electric cars for a bit of on road racing. Most bashers will swap and exchange numbers and then arrange the location depending on who coming out and what they are running.

There is one spot in sutton park thats hidden (home made bmx track) which you will only find if someone leads you there. That spot good only in summer.

Ticky

great thanks

i went to a place in derby very close to the hpi head quarters have u heard of that one?

but i might go to doe bank, plus what are the council going to do? :tank:

You will have to pm me the cords for the location near hpiracing uk, some spots look ok but will have to see myself.

Doe bank council already have the park ranger guarding the bashing section and telling people to move on. He's ok and was one of the guys who gave us the details of who to contact in regards to putting a proposal together to improve the bashing site to make it into a rc area. He just has to do his job.

The council cannot stop everyone unless they the guard the area 24hrs.

Edited by ticky

I went along to Aston Arena on Wednesday evening for the first time and it was great. First time i've ever raced my truck against others and i didn't do too bad to be fair. Will be popping over to the outdoor track Sunday as well if it's on. Anyone else going Sunday or Wednesday?

I went along to Aston Arena on Wednesday evening for the first time and it was great. First time i've ever raced my truck against others and i didn't do too bad to be fair. Will be popping over to the outdoor track Sunday as well if it's on. Anyone else going Sunday or Wednesday?

I heard about your monster revo, I could not make it that day had a wedding to go to.

Will see you Sunday if the weather holds out.

Hopefully if we get more regular people on Wednesday for the indoor we can then request to use the larger area (football pitch)

With it being wider a better track layout can be made with alternative surfaces and jumps etc.

Even though the numbers are improving we just about cover the cost to use the carpet area for an hour (we are using it for 3hrs)

So spread the word to your rc friends.

Ticky

Yeah that would be great if we managed to get the larger part of the hall. Why don't you start a new Aston Arena Club thread on here with a link to the website as well Ticky? I'm sure it will encourage more newcomers

Is anyone out this Sunday? Where are you going? I live in wolves and fancy seeing what's about

I'm going to Aston Arena Sunday, there will be a few there racing all sorts. I'm from Wolves too but there aren't any organised stuff like that in Wolves that i know of. I usually have a bash over East Park in Bilston though as theres a cycle speedway track thats good for drfiting round ;)

Heres the link for Aston: http://www.astonarenaraceway.com/