• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

any1 from birmingham

raff113

There one spot in sutton park thats hidden away in the forest, its used by bmxers. Its similar to south bham site but with trees all around it.

If you like jumping your motor then there a good few humps but no long straight section. I take my hyper st pro brushlless there.

Which entrance etc please?

Which entrance etc please?

Four oaks entrance, but I doubt you will find the spot with ease. You kind of have to been near there and then someone points you in the direction to walk through the woods. You cannot even see it with google maps as the trees hide the spot.

I take it the Oak Park meets are on a Sunday? What time does it start?

We got there at 2.00 but there were a few people already there.

It was the first time for me last week there, and I dont know the area well enough.

You can just make out the track outline if you search via google earth.

52.630061,-1.929249

Have fun, Im away this weekend so will have to see if I can do the following week. Mind you best check weather forecast I remember someone saying its not so good.

• Like 1

If your meeting at Doe Bank Lane Kingstanding then be careful as the council have warned us that there will be a steward making sure ' no rc cars allowed'.

This had been our regular bash site for some time, We even put in a strong proposal to the local council committee for a rc track, improve the old bmx track to cater for both hobbies/sports. Making it alot safer for on-watchers etc. But we were turned down.

The local residents (old farts, I guess) have complained numerous time to the council who then have been intouch with us. Hence why we are giving that spot a rest.

a little vid of doe bank -

How can locals complain whe nthere are no homes around here, its a country lane its on and i for one know this track and no council pencil pusher worker will move me off there. The only mamals near are bloody horses!

Glad you liked it, Im looking forward to this easter weekend. Lets hope the weather improves

Hoping to get out Friday with one of the cars, not sure which and were to go?

Whats up with the H8.5?

I would get out today or tomorrow if I was you mate,weather not looking good for the rest of the weekend.

I wouldn't be able to make it anyway, Mrs got me cutting trees down all weekend and me baja 5b ss Is only half built at the moment so hoping to make it next week, if still not ready I will have to bring the hb d8t.

Well managed a full tank today at oak park, there was only four of us which made it a little better to see how the mcd runs on the surface without having to worry about any crashes or collision.

The one large turn has so many trench lines the car digs in and flips if any power is put down. Usually with dry loose dirt you can get a nice drift but you have to be careful unless you like rolling over.

I am hoping we get access to another site which I think would suit your D8T, I could then bring out my Hyper St pro out. I am in long talks atm with the land owners so will only reveal its location if we get the go ahead.

Oak park is good but when you have a few 1/5 scales going around you dont want to be running your 1/8 at the same time.

Hopefully we will meet sometime. With my guys we usually text or phone to see what everyone whats to bring out and go.

Hoping to get out Friday with one of the cars, not sure which and were to go?

Whats up with the H8.5?

How long you got lol,

Its had a new carb and still blowing plugs, there is a air leak i think but its a right git one to find, we know the mixture is now right as the guy that is helping me knows his hypers so to speak. Gonna seal it all up and even go as far as new fuel lines and tank, its really done my head in, never had this problem when it went into wheelspin for a retune and JP4 exaust but came out with this fault, even a new carb but its still the same, any idea's???

Edited by rowley177

Its been a while since Ive used the nitros but there are some good vids on youtube to help find the leaks ans seal them.

Mine failed on the tuning needle (small rubber o rings) thats were my leak was? Im not expert in nitros but I would imagine youll need the correct plug based on what % of nitro your using along with the correct tune. One of the guys I run with has more experience with nitros and we are down aston arena tommorrow if weather good.

ANyone out bashing this Sunday if weather is good.

Probably goin over to aldridge unless anyone can think of anywhere better to go