• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just been given.........

notfast

A hpi hellfire for nowt. :-) . It's not in too bad condition although I am gonna need to spend a bit to get it running. Thing is I know nothing about nitro! Been into the hobby just over a year and have only spent time with electric cars.

Any body tell me where to start?

I am gonna need to get some fuel and I have the main part of a rotostart??? But not the bit.

What should I be doing/checking for first.

Thanks Z

Thanks guys, been tempted by nitro for a while so it's quite exciting. From what i can see it is totally stock except for an added failsafe. It's been stood in a garage for over three years. All the tyres are dry and cracked but apart from being a tad dusty all seems well.

I have been given two new tyres three glow starters and charger. Three chassis plates and a rotostart without the bit that goes into the engine. He says he has another bag of stuff and a starter box somewhere deep in his mums garage and will pass them on when he gets to them(his mum is moving house).

Can any body tell me the stock engine on the hellfire. Gonna print of manuals at work tomorrow.

What fuel should I be buying and why?

Is it easy enough to get the bit for the rotostart or should I fit a pullstart or just buy/wait for the starter box?

Ive been into nitro for 5 years now and only live round the corner (Little lever) so if you need a hand with anything just drop me a pm. Also bolton model mart sell byron gen 2 fuel and im sure they will be able to help with any queries you have :)