• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Losi Mini 8ight

Sandy Ravage

Ye pretty much all the lipo chargers work off 12v (they use a transformer for mains)

I did use turnigy 2200mah 2s batteries when I first got it and they lasted about 25 min. A full charge takes maybe 40 min charging at 1c. Less if you charge at higher amps.

A 3s battery will be mental, mines almost too fast for the track on a 2s

Danny, I thought you said you'd spent some money on this ?

Looks great !! So I guess the aluminium from Thailand turned up ok?

Can't wait to see the new shell.

Heres mine neil as promised. Shell will arrive this week I think, I post another pic then.

imag0035od.jpg

imag0036rt.jpg

imag0037jt.jpg

imag0038pj.jpg

imag0039rr.jpg

imag0040q.jpg

imag0041jw.jpg

Spec is as follows;

> Novak mongoose 10.5t combo

> Savox sh-1250mg servo with kimsbrough saver

> CF Shock towers and chassis brace (with alloy rear section)

> Custom CF battery strap

> Alloy front hinge pin holders

> Alloy hubs, spindles carriers and wheel hexes

> White RPM ball cups

> stainless steel screw set

> HPI worx emotion wheel with schumacher white rally block tyres

> Green anodized lock nuts all round

> Phat bodies rear wing

> Soft anti roll bar front and rear

> Carisma GT14B shocks with soft progressive shock springs

Car handles like its on rails on slippy floor. For carpet, medium springs make it hook up nice, too much grip with soft springs. (maybe stiffer anti roll bar may also help.

Any questions, feel free to ask, Danny :)

Oh, one other thing, do you have any play in your front end now Danny ?

nah front end is tight m8, and I was being modest when I'd said I'd spent some money... It's cost an arm and leg but its sooo nice now. Just bought a b44.1 yesterday. Then bought tekin redline rs pro esc with redline 5.5T motor, savox servo and some orion carbon saddlepacks. I need to make some money now, I'm feeling a bit poor....

Edited by mainamigo
  • Like 1

So im wanting 3S and as big in mah as i can get so when you run flat you just click in a fresh battety in and your ready to go so i will need a few batterys to for a good bash aslo can you get a charger that both works in home and also off car or van 12v cig lighter

I run mine on 3s non stop just down gear it (swap to biggest spur) no heat issuse's i use the nano techs for the merv 1400mah 40-80c so loads of punch and speed along with that change the ESC to a eZrun 35a and swap out the servo make up some shock top protectors or buy a new tower with them built in and swap the shock bottoms stick on a t bone bumper and rear skid then bash all day if you want i can link it all or post up some pics of mine

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I really like your union jack rcs mate do you paint them yourself. I tried to pm you but it wouldn't let me congrats on the losi lol

I really want that paint job mate please pm me. ( the dripping union jack )

Edited by wan2learn

• 3 weeks later...

They are great fun, mines gone up for sale/swap as I'm struggling for places to race it. I'm after a competative 2wd 1/10th buggy if any1 reads this and see's it :)

img201205141907171.jpg

Edited by mainamigo
  • Like 1

a bit of fun put in my 2s lipo and put some insulation tape on the wheels to get it slideing

VID-20120523-WA0001.mp4

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Dan them picks don't work

just got mine today now iam waiting on lipo`s

310520124476.jpg

little update instead of buying a front carbon shock tower i made one its 3mm thick and strong as hell right now but i needto make the screw holes abit bigger

310520124478.jpg

310520124479.jpg

Edited by mini-z-awd

done some more modding on mine new springs i found of my old mlst2 they seem abit to stiff so may need to cut of a couple of coils and forgot i had these wideners i had on the same mlst2 so i thought i would try them on this just abit of reamingon the wheel hole but nothing major only done the front so far but iam not sure if all do the back yet all wait and see what happens with the fronts first

before

010620124484.jpg

after

010620124483.jpg

010620124482.jpg