• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao Hyper 7 TQ updated for 2012

Garry

hyper7tq.jpg

Hobao Racing have announced an update to its long time best selling 1/8 nitro buggy, the Hyper 7 TQ. Numerous areas have been either upgraded or redesigned for easy tuning, strength and a fresh look. The current four Hyper 7 models, TQ21, TQ28, TQB and Hyper 7.5 will be discontinued starting January 1st 2012.

New Features:

-Two new body designs

-New battery box

-New front and rear shock towers

-Large, dual stage air filter

-Savox digital servos

-Front anti-roll bar

-Adjustable front camber link

-Adjustable steering link

-Adjustable servo arm link

-14mm big bore shock

Source: Neo Buggy

Toss and spit. I finally get myself something relatively modern... and it's gonna be discontinued next month :( hopefully this means people will sell the upgrades for the older models off relatively cheaply! With a bit of luck there'll be some parts compatibility from new to old, so that older models can be toughened up a little using factory parts rather than expensive aftermarket.

It's nice to see the Hyper 7 is going to continue to evolve though.

isnt bad business for the remaining hyper 7 models? wont it put people off buying one for fear of the parts being discontinued/

saying that most parts look the same as the old one

Edited by forbs

I wouldn't worry too much guys, there aren't any mentioned changes to either the diff cases or the chassis, so the old parts will still fit, just that the newer parts for camber, steering and servo arm will be adjustable.

New shock towers as well though, and the shocks are a smaller bore, still better than the standard shocks on the TQ .21 and .28 though

Whether it's an improvement may well rest in where the new price point is, but having just the one model will certainly make it easier for shops to stock them ;)

EDIT @ Gunners RC:

No mate, this is a new different model version to all 4 currently being sold, even if it does look very simmilar to the Hyper Black edition

Edited by Stock_Nitro

Its one buggy replacing the existing 3 in the range. I'm guessing CML won't be getting any more stock of the current ones and once they are gone, they'll be replaced with this one. It just simplifies the range.

Few more pics, CAB FORWARD SHELL!

Hobao releases a new edition to its long time best selling 1/8 nitro buggy, the Hyper 7 TQ. Numerous areas have been either upgraded or redesigned for easy tuning, strength and a fresh look. The current four Hyper 7 models, TQ21, TQ28, TQB and Hyper 7.5 will be discontinued starting January 1st 2012.

Part Number: HB-M7-TQ

7TQ-DM.jpg

Seems a little odd to me that Hobao would go to the trouble of updating all their models to 2012 spec, then discontinuing them.

It also isn't good for me as I'd like to get a Hyper for Christmas, buying a Black Edition at full price then a week later seeing the Hyper 7 to end all Hyper 7's is not going to make me happy.

Any ideas on a release date and price? If its out well into next year that's ok but I may as well wait if it's out in January.

Releasing a 2012 spec with the savox servos and 2.4GHz radio is a good way to shift the remaining Hyper 7 stock and make way for the updated model.

All it takes for the 2012 spec update is a sticker on the box and someone to swap out the servos and radio post production.

The full 2012 model would take more effort from factory to distributor.

-

I wouldn't hold off buying one now if you can get it for a good price purely because of those new additions if you are getting a black edition anyway.

They are always things you can add later with spares if you really want them ;)

Sticking point will be price of the new model and whether you want to gamble on it being cheaper or more expensive :shockingscary:

This is completely untrue... all of the above about discontinuing the hyper 7 range...

I have been in contact with Modelsport shop owner...

i asked him if it was true. His reply was

"who told you that rubbish, why would we stop selling one of our best selling models, plus, the new 2012 release has only just been released"....

i must be missing something here. looking at the new car its the same as the old ones with a few extras.

theres no mention of new diff cases so the new shock towers should still fit

the adjustable links should just replace the stock one surely?

so i dont see how this is a bad thing?

Well speaking to Modelsport themselves, they said there isnt any new adjustable bits on the model, Nor does it have the new design shell that is shown further up this topic...

The only difference is the servo's, because they were so pour before....

They said the hyper 7.5 is going to be discontinued, as they dont sell much of them, plus with the new version hyper 7 release, people will be going for that for the better race servo's....

So forget what your reading guys.

Hyper 7 discontinued = no

Hyper 7.5 = Yes

Well speaking to Modelsport themselves, they said there isnt any new adjustable bits on the model, Nor does it have the new design shell that is shown further up this topic...

The only difference is the servo's, because they were so pour before....

They said the hyper 7.5 is going to be discontinued, as they dont sell much of them, plus with the new version hyper 7 release, people will be going for that for the better race servo's....

So forget what your reading guys.

Hyper 7 discontinued = no

Hyper 7.5 = Yes

Are you sure Modelsport aren't talking about the current 2012 spec models they currently have for sale?

This new one isn't for sale yet and on Hobao's website it confirms that all 4 models including the 7.5 are going to be discontinued in January.

Personally, I think Modelsport have got slightly confused at the question, of course there aren't going to be any adjustable bits...the new one isn't out yet...

Check out Hobao's website as its confirmed on there.

this is not a new kit...

you guys see to be talking about it as if its a big change....

its only subtly different... everything on this will fit the old hyper 7's that we all know and love...

there discontinueing all the old models in favour of this... as theirs no point in having 4 variations on the same kit... is their (traxxas, hpi... dont answer ;))

this is an update... and it looks a tonne better :D interested in seeing the price :)

love the body too!! hope they do an uncut version for thoes running BL conversions :)

Are you sure Modelsport aren't talking about the current 2012 spec models they currently have for sale?

This new one isn't for sale yet and on Hobao's website it confirms that all 4 models including the 7.5 are going to be discontinued in January.

Personally, I think Modelsport have got slightly confused at the question, of course there aren't going to be any adjustable bits...the new one isn't out yet...

Check out Hobao's website as its confirmed on there.

A lot of the time, we (the forum.....aka....me :lol:) find out info about cars before the shop and before even CML do (the HoBao UK distributor). :good:

It's also what we've been trying to point out lol, they state that they are discontinuing the Hyper 7 TQ .21, the .28, the Black and the 7.5. and will be replacing it with this newer spec model.

It's not rumour, it's a statement from the manufacturer :P