• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher Fusion's

Mr Drifta

Right i have finally weighed up all the options for a "Dad spec" motor,,eg usage,where to run etc and ive settled for a fusion...

but which one,,.21 or .28 turbo????????????????

But HPI also offer the RS models but tbh it just dont float my boat, but im open to swaying if it can be pepped up abit....

Anyone got/had one or the other or one of the HPI rs range??

Be interested to hear opinions on all the above from parts to tuning/hop ups/ or other options for an on roader thats how shall i put it,,,"A bit more mentally challenging"...

Cheers all, i look forward to your op's :good::popc1:

Ive had the pleasure to go on a fusion but only the .21 and you need a very big long stretch i only just got into 3rd gear and had to shut off they are very well built cars mate and i would deffo have one over the hpi rs evo if you have a good place to get it flat out, the schumacher is also 1/8th so is considerably bigger than the 1/10th hpi, don't get me wrong the hpi is a fantastic car but not as fast and a lot easier to handle and than the fusion, if space is limited go for the hpi either car will give you hours of fun mate.

Ive had the pleasure to go on a fusion but only the .21 and you need a very big long stretch i only just got into 3rd gear and had to shut off they are very well built cars mate and i would deffo have one over the hpi rs evo if you have a good place to get it flat out, the schumacher is also 1/8th so is considerably bigger than the 1/10th hpi, don't get me wrong the hpi is a fantastic car but not as fast and a lot easier to handle and than the fusion, if space is limited go for the hpi either car will give you hours of fun mate.

Cheers Mr martin thats a truely excellent post, exactly the sort of input i was after :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got some very large areas around me but nothing off road hence on...

So .21 old skool or 28..

The .28 i would go for as it is a much newer design engine and is also a picco engine so it wont fail to dissapoint in reliable and power for you, the old .21 was a thunder tiger reliable but medium in performance wise, also im sure the new .28 has a few tweeks on the car, that engine will deffo rev to 40,000rpm no probs, foam tyres will wear out rapid though if on wrong terrain but thats not a big deal.

Gotta love ebay, .21's on there and people claim it does 80+...Hmmm

Trouble is i want new to be sure of its integrity..but i do love a project :whistling: and most for sale sh are 21 engines..

Didnt know the 21 was a thunder tiger engine..parts be an issue??????????????

Both the 21 and 28 will reach 80MPH no problem whatsoever, but the 28 accelerates quicker. Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with the schumacher/TT .21. I had one in a Schumacher XTR 3E and it was MAD. If it was me, I would go for the 28 for the extra giggle but both the 21 and 28 will put a smile on your face.

Lee.

Both the 21 and 28 will reach 80MPH no problem whatsoever, but the 28 accelerates quicker. Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with the schumacher/TT .21. I had one in a Schumacher XTR 3E and it was MAD. If it was me, I would go for the 28 for the extra giggle but both the 21 and 28 will put a smile on your face.

Lee.

Cheers chap :thumbsup:

Like i say seems to be alot of 21's being advertised as 28's secondhand so is difficult to believe the hype when they are new to you...But thats helped me to see the wood, cheers again :thumbsup:

Gonna be a tough choice.., cant resist the lure of a project..

i prefer the 21 as more driveable an forgiving just about unlike the 28 :P i killed the stock foams in one tank :xd:

http://www.ebay.co.u...h=item2c60e26a1

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b70f0baa

Cheers 46 :thumbsup:

Looked at both lol,,theres another listed, has alot of bits piled up nxt to it...I'll see if i can find it...

What sort of prices you getting on eBay? Might have one myself when I have somewhere to put one!

Lee.

They seem to be selling between 80-150..But alot arent being listed correctly ive noticed..28 when there 21's...

I Found this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/schumacher-fusion-2-nitro-/170733914622?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=auc27c088c9fe

Just a word of warning.

Yer these cars are super quick....... 80MPH is questionable but anyway.

Unless you have a massive and very smooth area to run the car on then I really wouldn't go down this route, it will spend all its time in a box at home or back on Ebay. Trust me these things make the smoothest car park into a rally stage at the speed they go, the slightest stone/hole/ant and they literally fly....normally into the nearest immovable object :)

Also remember .28's are not generally quicker than a .21 engine's and the .21's use loads less fuel for bonus extra drive time.

Nutty cars for nutters! :)

have fun!

Just a word of warning.

Yer these cars are super quick....... 80MPH is questionable but anyway.

Unless you have a massive and very smooth area to run the car on then I really wouldn't go down this route, it will spend all its time in a box at home or back on Ebay. Trust me these things make the smoothest car park into a rally stage at the speed they go, the slightest stone/hole/ant and they literally fly....normally into the nearest immovable object :)

Also remember .28's are not generally quicker than a .21 engine's and the .21's use loads less fuel for bonus extra drive time.

Nutty cars for nutters! :)

have fun!

Cheers kingscott much appreciated :thumbsup:

Been investagating the lift off issue with my TC. Ok its no fusion but i have painstakingly tweeked its tune,it do shift for a 16,but does suffer from the old gc take off/traction issues..Wheel sizing at the moment and looking into seeing if i can convert 12mm to 17 and run larger wheels for better clearance. Something i would adapt to a fusion praps if i can make it work....

I do have some very large urban tarmac areas near me hence fancied a nutty on roader, although i think some propper area scoping is needed b4 i soley commit to one.... :whistling:

need to soften the suspension, correct shell & mounted correctly an decent wheel/tyres stops takes off, never suffed take offs with my 3 21 fusion nor with mates 28 fusion set up for him. did get grip once or twice nothing i couldn't rectify. I used rb & picco pipes instead of stock pipe as too much racket for me :P the pipes made engine even more punchy an greater top end from which was able to run with an pass a few 1/8 on roads at crystal palace ( took some time to get car dialed in but when found sweet spot AWESOME)

Edited by R46

need to soften the suspension, correct shell & mounted correctly an decent wheel/tyres stops takes off, never suffed take offs with my 3 21 fusion nor with mates 28 fusion set up for him. did get grip once or twice nothing i couldn't rectify. I used rb & picco pipes instead of stock pipe as too much racket for me :P the pipes made engine even more punchy an greater top end from which was able to run with an pass a few 1/8 on roads at crystal palace ( took some time to get car dialed in but when found sweet spot AWESOME)

I did thin the oil in me shocks a touch and put softer springs on, tryes are a problem but its for me an the boy the TC so dont wanna go too mad with it, has made a difference though but its still shoots sparks out the back at night lol..

Do hex conversion kits exist or am i going to have to get something cnc'd up...?