• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advice please - newbie!

JJST

Q1. Do you have an ebay link to the car that has pictures?

Q2. In the receiver which is in the receiver box of course ;) Rear of car, right next to the engine, underneath where the air filter sits, where the on/off button it ;) When you buy crystals; they should come in a set of 2 anyway though.

Q3. If there are black springs on the shocks and they aren't particularly thick springs and shocks then it's most likely the bog standard ones. Black springs are next to useless, if you stick with the standard shocks; buy yourself the white springs.

Q4. It's possible that he either used a starter box or a drillstart to start it rather than the pull start... the pullstart however attaches just below where the exhaust couples onto the engine.

Q5. Does it not come with instructions, the one I liked to should and they worked a treat for me.

thanks for the replies guys.

Here is a link to the car Stock_Nitro:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140635836881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_892wt_1270

as I say, I suspect that he has pasted info on the newest model but has given me an older car. I can get some close up pictures of the car if this would help in any way to ID it.

Honestly, I did have a good look at the car and was a bit confused as to which bit did what, there were boxes everywhere! There is no manual with it :(

Will have a look at the springs later on and check that, it was very weak so I suspect you are right if the stock ones are useless.

He included 2 new pull starts and one filthy one, so I assume he was using them, at least at some point, I just couldn't see where it would fit lol... I will investigate further what you said a little later on... I think I need to be a bit braver and dismantle and rebuild it so I don't sound like more of a noob than need be! Just need to buy some tools.... lol.

The failsafe was in a tiny packet so I (perhaps wrongly) assumed there were none... I will check later on. I was thinking that as it wasn't Hyper 7 specific that the instructions (if there were any) might not be too helpful in locating the part I should link it to!

Thanks for the patience, I will get there!

EDIT...

Hang on a second, bit of mis-information there.

EDIT: Ok, it *could* be a 2012 spec, but the Savox Servos are missing (This is the main difference in the 2012 spec).

The motor heatsync doesn't look standard, either it's a different heatsync or it's a different motor, some more detailed pics would clarify.

The Shocks certainly look like the original ones with the standard black springs, either get yourself some white springs or get some second hand Hong-Nor 16mm big bore ones, the big bore Hyper shocks would also work obviously.

Again, if you can take some close up pics, that would confirm, thing which make's me doubt is the shock caps

Here's a link to the manual: Link

Edited by Stock_Nitro

EDIT...

Hang on a second, bit of mis-information there.

EDIT: Ok, it *could* be a 2012 spec, but the Savox Servos are missing (This is the main difference in the 2012 spec).

The motor heatsync doesn't look standard, either it's a different heatsync or it's a different motor, some more detailed pics would clarify.

The Shocks certainly look like the original ones with the standard black springs, either get yourself some white springs or get some second hand Hong-Nor 16mm big bore ones, the big bore Hyper shocks would also work obviously.

Again, if you can take some close up pics, that would confirm, thing which make's me doubt is the shock caps

Here's a link to the manual: Link

Thanks, was tricky to get any decent pictures... hope these help though! Be great to know the position because I guess they have mis-sold me something and I should possibly get a little compensation??

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

Ok, shocks are the standard ones, so as I said you can either buy some white springs or get a big bore set second hand and that will sort you out.

I could be wrong, but I think that engine is a Duratrax Torq .21 - Link

It's certainly not the "Hyper 21 4-port" as advertised.

I have no personal experience of it, so can't say if it's better or worse, truth is; whatever make it is, the compression could be very poor or it could just be knackered anyway, but that's the risk you take when you buy a second hand motor.

-

The servos included are definitely not the new 2012 spec: "metal geared, 7.2kg torque SC-0254MG servo on the steering and the 6.5kg SC-0352 on the throttle" as advertised.

To me it looks like the old Hobao (rebranded Hitec) Throttle Servo and a replacement Steering servo, without the model number I can't tell you if it's any good or not.

If you want to take issue with the sale, you would have grounds to in my opinion.

Whether or not it would be worth your while to is a different argument entirely.

-

There's nothing wrong with the actual spec of the car itself, it's just the engine and the servos that aren't as described.

-

Make sure you re attach that rear chassis brace that's only connected to the rear wing at the moment ;)

Edited by Stock_Nitro