• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini Eight

mydoddy69

does anyone know the dimensions of the motor as i may be getting one from rcpitstop when they have them instock the artr version as i would use my own radio stuff and would want to use the motor from my merv if it would fit thats is

Why would you want to change the speedo ? Motor ?

Standards kit has plenty of gutts and you can just change Pinions and spur size ?

Based on that review there's not a lot more you can say. Great buggy with cr4p electrics. Mines already showing gremlins - it's on rx number 2 after only 3 runs! And plus one on the range. On a bmx track it gies into the dips but doesn't always reappear!

My old merv electrics felt smoother but the 8ight wins hands down on fun to drive and handling.

Going to try making a cover for the pinion as my usual bashing ground is gravel.

Edited by merlin_mog

Based on that review there's not a lot more you can say. Great buggy with cr4p electrics. Mines already showing gremlins - it's on rx number 2 after only 3 runs! And plus one on the range. On a bmx track it gies into the dips but doesn't always reappear!

My old merv electrics felt smoother but the 8ight wins hands down on fun to drive and handling.

Going to try making a cover for the pinion as my usual bashing ground is gravel.

As I've said before , mind drives a dream

Electrics to

My driving styles diff to all yours though as you bash

However at a racing level / competitive I to not find it cogs to the extent it's a disadvantage

Im gonna leave my electrics stock other than the inolab servo I'm running

In regards To range I've always used Spektrum gear , so just reminded my dx3 s , never had an issue

Do might be the Tx supplied ?

I will say you def need the alloy hinge pin holders basher of racer . a must have !

Can you get them in the UK yet and do you have a part number? I'm guessing they're the Aluminium Suspension Mount Set on MS website?

I'm waiting for the sway bars too.

I'm also going to be keeping stock electrics. They might be poorly rated but I can see the short can motor could be a pain to replace and from past experience with other cars it's easier to let sleeping dogs lie. Plus I've spent far too much on RC already under the guise of "They're for Tom (my 10 month old)....honestly...he does need 2 boats, 2 helicopters and 4 cars!"

Also, do you have a link to the servo you're using? That's the next thing I'm expecting to break based on the squirrel review. If they're like my Losi Muggy servos they'll be lucky to last much more than 10 outings.

Edited by merlin_mog

Well losi electrics suck so far my Servo,ESC and RX have broke so from where I'm at there crap maybe i was unlucky and got a bad one fair enough but considering everything other than the motor has gone and i bet that wont be long at this rate i say crap so I'm sending the whole lot of to Horizon and when it gets replaced I'm going to put it in my micro sct with a chassis conversion from TheToyz because that's about all its good for and yes i am a bit tick off about it !!!!!!!!!!!

Got my US import mini 8ight today and was very impressed compared the UK version my friend has.

All shocks were filled and worked perfectly, where as my friends were half filled and saggy.

I've had to completely remove the battery tray as the 3s lipo wouldn't fit, but the carbon top deck which I fitted keeps the lipo wedged in and the shell closely fits to stop the lipo moving. Run time was 50-60mins.

I've changed both tin shock towers for carbon and the buggy feels much more responsive, also filled the diffs with losi smart grease.

I'm still puzzled over the 3 black frizbee's I found in the box, they don't fly too well.

There track markers lol

They come in many Losi rtrs

So you can set up a track to race around ha ha

In regards to shock oil

It's hit or miss, loads down my club run them and some have been full others like mine empty

They all come from horizon so no idea

Are you using it to race or bash?

3s !!!! Good luck if your racing that ha ha

Hi all had my Mini eight a while and getting a bit feed up keep breaking the shocks either the top snaps off or the bloody bottom breaks so out bashing today and yet again one breaks this time i got no spares and i cant find any because everywhere seems to have sold out so hunting around in my box of bits i found a few spare tie rod ends for the Mini Revo they fit like on the shock end but the hole was a bit small so popped the middle out and held it in some pliers and got the screw in know put it on and all is well happy dayz back to bashing hope that GPM or someone comes up with some alloy ones soon or its going to get expensive keep buying spare plastic ones at a

.5 apparently dodster, not that Losi were helpful in putting this in their manual or parts listing lol

Hold fire on that a sec

Edit2: hmm well that's certainly all I could find out.

Can't see where to buy a .5 other than buying the Losi branded ones....

Edited by Stock_Nitro

http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/551150-new-mini-8ight-buggy-losi-32.html

Post #473, #474, #475

I know it's not an official answer, but it's the closest I came to anything near specific on it.

Aren't you keen on the Losi ones? They are in stock with MS at the moment.....

Have you tried comparing the size of 1/10th shocks yet btw?

just looked and MS saying out of stock haven't tried the 1/10th shocks yet did read somewhere that some guy swapped the shock tops for the revo ones haven't got any spare but next time i break one might just strip down one to see looked on microuk and apparently there the same pinion as the rc18t so i ordered one just to see i can get the 48dp to fit but there is to much play for my liking

48dp will fit, it will just sound like your scratching your nails down a chalk board :)

The Associated RC18T pinions are 0.5mod, you should be able to order them from Trackside Spares who is the official shop of the BRCA Micro Nationals. Paul (owner of Trackside) knows his micro stuff :)

http://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/ if you need him

http://www.modelspor...oduct_id=367025 In Stock from what I can see mate......

EDIT: I'm an idiot, this really has been a long week, I thought you were after a spur....

Is that too much of the Christmas cheer your on about thanks anyways fella . Hows the Merv??

No, just a really long drawn out week at work lol.

Merv is great thanks, had good fun with it when I went out with my brother and his R/Cs.

Lots of torque from that 550, but the top end was a little lacking, might try a few higher toothed pinions ;)

ERBE blew him away with it's speed though :D

Hi all not a happy bunny getting fed up with the shocks on my Mini 8ight so sent an email to Horizon with no joy not even an offer to send some replacements so as i know there are a lot of people having the same issue made a vid you might like

With it being a ready to run RTR it comes stock

There will be upgrades in time no doubt

However what I will say , after driving micro scale at nationals etc and club level is that

If you put alloy tops , bottoms on your putting the strain in the next place

The shock shaft will snap , the hinge pin will bend , wish bones will brake as your just transferring the the impact (weakness ) to the next place

I know b44 shock bottoms fit and cat sx3

I've broken 2 or 3 , loads if 1/10 ones fit thou

Also the carisma gt14b ones fit . Supposedly stronger to ?

Hops this helps , and good luck with horizon

Keep us updated