• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forum Security Issue ?

ee3509

Hello,

I am using chrome and I've started getting a security error message when I open the forum.

It's something like :

www.msuk-forum.co.uk contains content from www.redrc.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

We have already notified www.redrc.net that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.redrc.net, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

Then on the safe browsing diagnostic page I found the following :

What is the current listing status for redrc.net?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 17 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 12 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-02, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-10-02.

Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including oorqqqq.cx.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS16265 (LEASEWEB).

Are you getting any similar warnings ?

It was an issue with the News and images hosted by Red RC, their server was compromised....in the words of Mr Red RC:

========

Eoghain O'Briain

Cluster **** of a day. Ad serving software got infected and took the site down. OpenX sucks ****. Working on alternative.

------------

Just finished implementing DoubleClick on my site, which took all day. Site warning hopefully lifted tomorrow.

=========

So hopefully its back to normal now.