• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Basic mardave mini. Setup issues

Neil.tmorris

Evening guys.

I am a beginner so thought it a good Idea to pick up a basic car to get to grips with the basics. Unfortunately I have less knowledge than I orginally thought.

Here's what I have:

Mardave mini

Standard G2 BRCA Legal Motor which I think is a 540

A mtroniks tuned 20 esc which seems to only have forward and brake

Spektrum dx5e control and ar600 receiver

And a 4.8v 500mah battery

I have the esc plugged into the 'throttle' and the steering servo into 'rudder' and the battery going into the Esc. The problem I'm having is that I nine the receiver to the control but as soon as it goes forward about an inch it shuts down and I have to re-bind the receiver and then it will just shut down again.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Also what brushless set up would work ? I have 11.1v 2800mah lipos that I would like to use. What esc and motors would suit??

Thanks guys

sounds like the problem is the radio,is your battery fully charged?when it cuts out have you left it a few seconds and it works again?

edit saying that spektrum isnt too keen on 4.8v i had problems with it cutting out and rebinding a few seconds later you may need a power cap for it if this is the issue

Edited by ch!ef

you need a power cap for it that will stop it happening you can make them for a few quid if you get the bits on ebay

just need 1 servo wire

cap i use is 4700uf 10v

when making 1 just make sure you solder it the right way n your sorted