• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ParkHall RC track (stoke).

CHUNKERLUV

How do gents,

Not been about for ages as have been mega busy but it's all quiet now. Sold all my RC stuff as the lekky was too small and the petrol was too big. Hopefully get myself up the track for an hour this weekend, not got anything to run but would be good to catch up.

Missed the RC fun and banter so need to pick something up, probably just go nitro being as i have about 8 gallons of fuel left.

Can't wait see what the track is like since i was last there. Hopefully good turn outs are still there.

Edited by Dave1985

I'd like to see some flood lighting, not sure how feasible that is though.

How about some pick nick tables, or similar, trackside by the outside of the start/finish straight where the astro rolls are stored at present, would be good for spectators and could double up as extra pitting area when the track is busy?

Something more permanment / firmer on the flooring front in the present pit area would be good too.

Not too bothered about edging as without marshalls it will just mean more walking about to unbeach my buggy....perhaps defining the edges with turf marker/paint would be better?

You would never get flood lighting in a million years, it costs thousands and i mean thousands plus you would need planning permission and with the area it's in there is no chance.

White spray paint would be good to mark the track out as from above you can't really tell where going.

Oh and i've just ordered something so all being well it's here for the weekend.

Pit area tables would be good but its got be something people couldnt pinch or set fire too with it not being a monitored area if enough people turn up we could take it in turn to marshall chop and change who we race against whats on the way dave or is it a surprise

if you have tables in the pit areas , they would need to be metal or they will just get burnt by local idots,

but this track seems to have gone a bit too serious for me now,,, marshalling,, racing,, lap timers,, i thought it was a track for general bashing and messing about, think i,ll be hitting fenton again soon

its not serious its still about bashing. about the marshalling I was only saying from a novice driver who does end up on my roof a bit when im razing about I dont mind picking other peoples car up when im not and its just a bit of fun and from the racing point of view I do like to race and try keep up with some of the better more experienced drivers tho I do end up in the weeds from a heavy trigger finger

Alright All...seems as though it maybe a bit difficult getting money out of the park seeing as now there is no parkhut !!! Least they caught the little cnut. I wonder if my brush survived ???

Phils had a couple of rolls of astro if anyones wondering where its gone. Weather permitting I'll be up on sunday with the buggy, hopefully it'll be a bit quicker after discovering that after swapping the engines over I never adjusted the throttle endpoint and was only getting half throttle...DOH !

See you Sunday !!!

WRT the track being serious and organised....nah, we've had less "races" (and I use the term loosely) than I've got fingers and theres only one rule and thats go in one direction. What some will do is chase eachother to make it abit more competative but its everyman for themselves. Usually there's never anymore than 3 or 4 on the track at the same time.

Edited by CHUNKERLUV

Ill be up mate for nose mate not brining my trucks tho there is no point as my tmaaxx is only a trx15 when I was told it was a 2.5 an I can't get my pro21r engine started on my thunderquake atb ade

I couldnt tell you I havent been in the hobby that long im more of a buggy guy started with a hyper 7 was good to start then wanted more adjustment so had a losi 8 also had a truggy but sold that didnt like it so its personal preference in the end do you know anybody with a trophy you could have a go of see if you like it if you want have a look at some try down dolphin as he has new and second hand stuff in maybe see something you like the look of but its whats best for you I like the speed of a buggy but truggys are just as fast

Looks like it maybe dry tomorrow so probably be up there for 11am. Don't have alot of fuel so may need a sub off someone. Only taking the truggy but it's got a thirsty engine. Haha

Get yourself up forget the Tarmac it's easy running up there the tracks 3 meters wide. Would have been even easier with the rascal lol