• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help a noob choose!

Lime

I am looking to buy my first buggie and have narrowed it down to three in my price range. I dont know much about nitro buggies though! Would you guys suggest any of these or an alternative?

http://www.modelspor...-products/39707

http://www.modelspor...-products/30403

or

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ansmann-racing-virus-2-buggy-kit/rc-car-products/36817

The last one is £40 more than the other two with the combo including the engine, which is .28 instead of the other two .21's. Is that better?

Like i said i'm a noob :D

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by Lime

I'd personally go with the hyper, its like the standard buggy amongst well... everyone, its tough as nails and the parts are cheap as anything. I'd stay away from ansmann myself as i have never heard anything good about them, but the trophy is also a good buggy.

I'd say the Ansmann because you can build it and get to know your car :good:

Smithy-this is the virus 2 which is soo much better than the version 1 virus. Ansmann have really sorted themselves out now and their cars are actually very good IMO :good:

Greg

Edited by landmaxdriver
  • Like 1

ok thanks, will read up more about the hyper then. Just so i know does the engine size affect speed or is it just the size? I only ask because the person i plan to race against has a car with a .28 engine.

edit: posted this before seeing other two replys, now im stuck again lol! And yeah i know i will need them things but i plan this to be a new hobby and i find the nitro more appealing with having to break them in and get them running right.

Edited by Lime

First buggy and out of those 3, I'd say Hyper. Why: hard as nails, proven and parts are easier to get hold of than a dose of the clap.

HPI would be second, again, proven buggy, while the Ansmann is still proving itself with the newer models and parts not as easy to get hold of.

Between 28 and 21, not a lot in it, as has been said. You could gear both for top end of bottom end but 21 is traditionally a quicker engine.

I have both the virus 2 with a go.28 and the hyper 7 black. Physical quality is there with the hyper parts but I have had no major problems with the either and I really enjoyed putting the virus together myself.

The virus 2 gets alot of unjustified bad press IMO it's flaws don't seem any greater than that of the hyper 7. Either way you are gonna have alot of fun!

My mate has a hyper 7 with the .28 Mach engine. Ready to run. Its a great car and parts are easy to get and very affordable and decent quality. The weak point IMO is the suspension but this can be upgraded no problem to the big bore items.

Most clubs (at club level) will let you use a .28 engine so as long as its a RTR out the box setup. My club are great as it's basically unlimited in the "rallycross" races, I run an old inferno sport but run a .28 engine.

But as ever a tuned expensive .21 will whoooooop the ass off most out the box .28 motors.

Go for the Hyper 7 and you won't be disappointed.

Or save a bit more money and get the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR package, its up on another level price wise but its a great package and value for money.