• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RWMCC / slough rc track

Hyper7kid

• 5 months later...

You can park at the Rugby Club @ Upton Park and is only a minute walk from there, gate for the rugby club is usually open.

Handy bit of info that, nice one!!! :thumbsup:

Is this track open for all to use for free? or do you need to be a member of the club or something?

Jake

It's open to anyone for free, no membership required, come and go as you please!!! :rc_car: Great track too!!! :thumbsup: Here's a couple of vids

Great thanks, i might pop down with my electric 1/10th and have a quick bash. And when i get my Nitro offroader this should be great fun :)

It's open to anyone for free, no membership required, come and go as you please!!! :rc_car: Great track too!!! :thumbsup: Here's a couple of vids

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys,can some one confirm that its free to race at slough in the week?also sounds like most wknds ATM there is no race days so wknd track time is also free.I can't understand tbh why its free to use when no race meets are on,think i read that its on council land.Are there any meets on this coming wknd? Would like to get some practice laps in on saturday before entering a race day there.Cheers lee

Yeah it's free to play on as long as it's not a race day. It's a bit of a walk though when you can't get your car into the park. Have a look on their website for race dates.

Went to track yest was awesome tbh,little raceing with some locals and the sun was beaming.Only one tiny puddle on the track and you cold jump that,still the clean up is still in progress.Surface is slippery even on new tyres prob not as much after track prep for race day.Put about 15 tanks through the prospec and on the straight the rb would have the front skim the deck,Doubles,kickers,s bends,table tops,and loads of jumps inbetween.All in all a well thought out track and only 45 mins from my door we will be there (a lot).lee

No chance of anyone racing a 5 at slough. Most will of bought a mbx7 by now. You'd be lucky to see a mbx6 there!

Just google mbx5 dirt setup and see if you can find one which suits you and the track.

Tbh I bought the 5 to practice with and learn about a good setup and wanted something that would take hard crashes lol.The guy I bought it from raced it and said its still competitive buggy in the right hands.I was raceing new losi 8 3.0 at slough and was lapping em even on a grass setup.Found lots of info saying a lot of the mbx 6 parts fitt the 5 so can't be that much diff.How diff is the 7 from the 5?Gonna start raceing next month so going to buy a new kit.Want a mp 9 tk13 or mbx 7 as most prob do lol.want massive parts back up and a chassis that a lot of people use so getting a good setup should not be hard and be competitive at club level only.any info would be good guys.cheers lee

Mate, you should take the buggy along and enter the race. I guarantee you won't come last. I'd stick with the 5 for now if I were you. I'm sure a new buggy won't make any difference to your lap times. Like the fella said, it's still competitive!

You'll have a great day there tomorrow. Slough is always fun!