• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I appear to have been mugged on ebay

Chrisrbk

Just been looking in detail at the pics of my recent purchase, a hpi sprint 2 from ebay

i purchased to item and paid by bank transfer, guy has 1200+ feedback and came up with some excuse about work, still yet to recieve it.....

anyway more to the point, i won the car for £43 + 10 postage...

turns out after reading some posts on here and looking through a rake of pictures, its a bloody sprint 1.

is this still a decent price for a sprint 1, and are parts still readily available.....

or...

should i kick off and make a deal.....

thanks people :-)

if your interested, item number is 370533246379

Edited by Chrisrbk

NO Matter How well you may know the person or not.. NEVER EVER DO A BANK TRANSFER.. I have made that mistake in the past and got ripped off BIG TIME ..

Basicly you have No come back at all ... you have to prove who this person is.. what you paid for.. even then they can turn round and say it is money that is OWED etc ...

You may have to Cut your Loss.. and say bye bye to you car, and money ..harsh as it may seem.

what was the ebay name?

thanks for the interest guy's, his name is 'dbkwk', and his feedback is '1299' !!,

i havent yet given up on the car arriving as he hasnt had any neutral or negative feedback in the past 12 month...

its just i've bought an older model car than listed, i guess what im really asking is, is it worth 53 quid providing its in good nick?

thanks again

Just as a bit of a post script i too am new to the hobby and have learned a lesson or two when buying from auction sites , On the whole there are very many honest sellers but beware the few others ! I really do hope your car arrives safely mate , I would like to suggest that maybe if you need any further equipment or in time a car upgrade it is often much safer to buy from a fellow club member or through a forum from a known user , Or if you see something you like on an auction site but are unsure forums are full of people who are more than happy to help you out ,

On the up side you may be able to make a fuss thu the auction sit as item not received you can also request contact details for the seller thru customer support ,

Andy

£53 is borderline price for a Sprint 1. Max would have been £60. You could go to eBay and file a complaint because its clearly listed as a Sprint 2, but isn't. Not sure what action they'd take though.

Some Sprint 2 parts should fit, not everything will though. There was a thread recently about it, its really a case of having a good look and hope nothing is worn out.

Tell the guy that someone has pointed out it's a Sprint 1 and not a Sprint 2. It may have just been an innocent mistake on his part and he might offer you a refund or a bit of money back. Most of his transactions are as a seller and not just cheap stuff either (I don't mean that £50 is cheap - I mean they're not 99p transactions) and you don't get 100% on 1100 transactions by ripping people off. You never know unless you ask.

PS. Don't pay by bank transfer, you might as well send cash in the post without recorded delivery.

Edited by mrhavana

from looking at his pictures and description it seems like he is genuine and many didnt realize it was a sprint 1.

howlong ago did you pay for the item.. as he may genuinely be abit caught up with work to post etc

Yes, the top deck, shocks, hubs, upper links are all Sprint 1. Heres the main differences:

Upper deck on Sprint 1

IMG_0265.jpg

Reinforced upper deck on Sprint 2, different battery holder mounting too.

Ig11397.jpg

Front shocks, shock tower, front hubs etc on the Sprint 1

IMG_0266.jpg

Front shocks, shock tower, front hubs etc on Sprint 2

indest1.jpg

Check the pics on the link, same as the Sprint.1 :good:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370533246379?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D370533246379%2B%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

• 1 month later...