• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC18 Owners club!

Thatsliam

Haha, blame it on the dog/cat/space monkeys.

Thanks for links, might put one of them at the bottom of my shopping list.

Yep, a space monkey flew down and made a tire mark on my pillow!

I gotta admit this car is fun, want to do a back flip next :D

Oh, and i made the stock servo saver work. The horn pushed on then, i removed the servo mount and tapped it in and screwed the horn using one of the screws it comes with! Its a great servo. My motor clogs. So, im gonna get a new esc that's micro then a new motor!

Oh, and i made the stock servo saver work. The horn pushed on then, i removed the servo mount and tapped it in and screwed the horn using one of the screws it comes with! Its a great servo. My motor clogs. So, im gonna get a new esc that's micro then a new motor!

Hmm interesting, you must have your servo placed a bit different to me then as like I said in PMs it left me with a shoddy angle to the tierod and I felt that wasnt going to do anything for steering. But glad you got it working and your happy.

Still no build yet here tho its coming, mind you pay day in a week again so may hold to get the Exotek bits. Found a UK stockist for the chassis so hopefully get that nabbed. Kinda stuck tho as..

Royal mail have lost me LST shocks for the mean time it seems. Took a red card down and got told, "Oh we cant find it" so for last 3 days Ive phoned them only to be told "Well phone u back". Not had 1 call from them yet. Tho today on 3rd call someone said heres a Head Office number.

Hmm thot you would give that on 1st call not 3rd. Anyways hopefully now after speaking to a lovely girl at Head Office it,ll get sorted.

Still also waiting on me Track Wide conversion set coming, tho Ive paid my import tax of

Hmm interesting, you must have your servo placed a bit different to me then as like I said in PMs it left me with a shoddy angle to the tierod and I felt that wasnt going to do anything for steering. But glad you got it working and your happy.

Still no build yet here tho its coming, mind you pay day in a week again so may hold to get the Exotek bits. Found a UK stockist for the chassis so hopefully get that nabbed. Kinda stuck tho as..

Royal mail have lost me LST shocks for the mean time it seems. Took a red card down and got told, "Oh we cant find it" so for last 3 days Ive phoned them only to be told "Well phone u back". Not had 1 call from them yet. Tho today on 3rd call someone said heres a Head Office number.

Hmm thot you would give that on 1st call not 3rd. Anyways hopefully now after speaking to a lovely girl at Head Office it,ll get sorted.

Still also waiting on me Track Wide conversion set coming, tho Ive paid my import tax of

Aww,

Next time ride a bike :P

You know thats a good idea actually.

oh and my shocks came!!!! got a call today from po to say they were in the collection office, the same one i went to 3 times and was told sorry we cant find. still pro shocks tho im gonna have to mod them on as they wont fit the standard ballscrews so need something a bit longer and a few washers.

Edited by Colicab

thetoyz.com usa website. adds 20mm i think in width. the arms are massivee compared to the old rc18r ones. comes with the arms and steering shafts. plus some extended ball cups for on the ends of the turnbuckles

screw set and turnbuckles dispatched today finally. so come pay day i just need a few more alloy bits for bling and me exotek chassis. tho didnt get time today but hopefully tomoz i wanna start what i can of me wee build.

tested my 1/10 wheels on the new conversion kit and with the adapters they fit perfect :) gonna go with the exotek shell aswell i think maybe see if i can get some one with a airbrush to do a nice paint job. tho i can seee my wheels maybe sticking out a little with these arms lol

Cool, yer I've seen the wide conversion kit on the site, I ordered some ball studs from their ebay shop earlier and they were post a few hours later. Happy with that, how long did your stuff take to come through?

The steering bellcrank, anyone know what size bearings I need for that?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my RC18T2 and a mamba micro pro combo but how the hell are you supposed to mesh it if you can't see ?

Ok cool thanks for your help, managed to get that done :)

Anyone out there to suggest the best pinion size for the 5400kv combo ??

• 2 weeks later...

Has this thread gone dead ??

Do I need to start another one or does no one run theses anymore ?

Answers on a post card chaps ( if your out there that is )

Has this thread gone dead ??

Do I need to start another one or does no one run theses anymore ?

Answers on a post card chaps ( if your out there that is )

Mine went last year , theres so many better micros that hold up to things now

Get an mini 8

Sorry, i really should run it!, Gunna get some LIPOS for it and a new ESC bigger pinion! So its gunna be a while till mines working how i like it!

Iv got the mamba micro pro combo for mine now and I use the lipos from my merv lol just need to up the pinion from the stock 12t to a 14/15t

Edited by RC4ever

going brushless is a nice thing with an rc18t / b

mamba's are the usual green machine shoved into them. for stupid fast you want something like an 8000kv on atleast 7.2., my old rc18t went stupid fast running 8000kv into the drive train on 7.2v nimhs

you will need to beef up the drive train cups, use small bushes slipped over the drive cups and a little superglue to keep them firm and inplace. way back in 2006 the rc 18t suffered from sloppy diffs and we used to shim them out.

a set of 10th scale rims and axle converters gave the rc18t a better stance, and more control with grip to boot. the old Esc could be rampped up using Fets piggyback soldered onto of those already on the pcb and allowed more juice and slightly better motors. i shoehorned a 400 motor into the rc18t.

most things to break was the diff and or drive cups expanding, throwing dogbones everywhere. with a 8000kv mamba you could sheer the dogbones clean in half from the power it laid out to drive train. most popular purchase was the buggy shell and rear wing unit. unless you went stupid crazy and gave the micro a full alloy kit out.

there was only a handful of rc18t bashers back them, with the rest being americans, but the english love for small and fast took off and became a popular choice.

is good to see these little micros still kicking around even after 5+ yrs

Edited by Tamiyacowboy